Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] West Ham and Bournemouth sold out, ticket exchanges open

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Not sure if this is the right thread but I can't make the West Ham game so my son, who has the ST next to me in the Upper East, wants to take his girlfriend. She's not really into football but would quite like to see a game with him but for me to share my ST with her will cost £36 for her to become an Albion+ member, something that she'll never use again I suspect.

Probably been written about here a lot but that just seems wrong.
It is wrong. Totally unnecesary cash-grab by the club

May 1, 2023
Not sure if this is the right thread but I can't make the West Ham game so my son, who has the ST next to me in the Upper East, wants to take his girlfriend. She's not really into football but would quite like to see a game with him but for me to share my ST with her will cost £36 for her to become an Albion+ member, something that she'll never use again I suspect.

Assuming you're under 65 and shes over 21, if you put it on the exchange and your son buys it instantly and downloads the ticket to a phone then it should only cost you £1 to do (but theres a bit of a timing lag)

(Awaits responses showing why this is wrong in 34 different ways)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Assuming you're under 65 and shes over 21, if you put it on the exchange and your son buys it instantly and downloads the ticket to a phone then it should only cost you £1 to do (but theres a bit of a timing lag)

(Awaits responses showing why this is wrong in 34 different ways)
It will cost more than that, but certainly a lot less than buying an Albion+ membership...

1. The `STH refund is based on the pro-rata price of the season ticket, ie (cost of season ticket / 19) - £1.
2. The purchase of the seat is at the full individual match ticket price, which is more than the beneficial price STHs get.

So, my WSU season ticket was £675, so an exchange refund would be about £34. The single price ticket for the WSU for West Ham is £44.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

Would it work to list your ticket on the exchange, then get BF to re-buy it using friends and family in girlfriends name? Club still creams a bit off but it’s a pretty cheap option, or can only members use the exchange?

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
It is wrong. Totally unnecesary cash-grab by the club
Agree Days have gone when people I used to invite someone for odd game that couldnt afford to go because not willing to pay for there membership. Still think this is a pity but sure the club have achieved the aim of huge increase

I suggest you put your seat on exchange. Your son buys it for his girlfriend.. (no membership or name needed ) You give to your son what you receive back from club. I know it seems mad and involves 3 bank transfers but will only cost difference between ST and matchday price. £10/£15 depending where you sit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here