Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We're back!

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Can't libel be avoided by the simple expident of adding IMHO? A bit like Ian Hislop uses the word "allegedly" quite a lot on HIGNFW?

For example is "pasty is a cockjugglingthundercnut" more libelious than "pasty is a cockjugglingthundercnut IMHO" ?

The alledgedly implies that someone else made the libelous comment, meaning that you can't be held responsible for it.

If your opinion is libelous/slanderous, then its libel/slander.

Actually there has http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/695596.stm

But assuming Bozza acts when notified (if proven) then NSC itself and Bozza are protected. It only becomes a problem when the site owner ignores a legitimate complaint. As in the case above.

That's how I've always understood it.

You could go as far as put up a disclaimer saying something like 'views expressed are those of the individual' etc, but as long as you act when a complaint is made you should be fine.

Good to see Bozza's put his dummy back in. :thumbsup:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I managed to get down to 5 seconds on the beginners level of minesweeper. And do some work.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I found I had some time to start sorting out June's timelapse video.

Why June can't do it herself I don't know. Lazy cow.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The alledgedly implies that someone else made the libelous comment, meaning that you can't be held responsible for it.

If your opinion is libelous/slanderous, then its libel/slander.

Unless you can prove your opinion is one a reasonable person would have (even if motivated by hatred or dislike). It's called Fair Comment.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Just been doing some reading on slander/libel, and according to one site there is an election law that says if during an election you say something defamatory about an opponent, and it later turns out to be true, you can still be punished if you didn't know it weas true when you said it.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Was my birthday yesterday, so was out.

While we're on the topic of this. BOZZA OUT. :jester:

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
my productivity at work increaded 1000%.

it would have been infinite but i kept pressing refresh to see if anything had changed.

Durlston

"Southgate, you're the one!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Just last night at about 9pm. Watched Danny Dyer's Real Football Factories instead when he was in Poland. Pwoper nawty at Wisla Krakow/Cracoria. He was shitting it, the big pussy.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
I facebook'd most of the evening.
Although i haven't been on here long big pat on the back to everyone involved in keeping our online community going. Would be tragic for it to end.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here