Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We're back!

Looks like I am the only person online.

I'd like to be the first to say a big thanks to Bozza - he doesn't have to run this website, but he does. I, for one, am grateful. :thumbsup:

Seconded, in the words of Joni Mitchell (who I believe occasionally posts on this board) "you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone".

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Looks like I am the only person online.

I'd like to be the first to say a big thanks to Bozza - he doesn't have to run this website, but he does. I, for one, am grateful. :thumbsup:

Here, here ... thanks

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Just one query I have... Where does being libellous begin. I mean, say there was a chap called Bavid Dellotti that you didn't like, is it acceptable to call him a wanker?

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I still think there should be two boards, one football, one non football. Different mods for each. It's easier to control then. Not that I'm having a go, NSC is the only place to come for Seagull football gossip.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
Bozza.

Surely someone can't file legal action against you, financial or otherwise?

A board is to share opinions. Sure, some are totally innapropriate - as I'm sure this one was - but surely this is to be expected by some individuals, and we have moderators to filter such things. Someone can't threat legal action/suing on that basis?

Not having a go, we just need to stand up to these people more.

Keep up the good work, you do a terrific job :thumbsup:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I traded insults and snide remarks with some deadbeat on the Argus wesbite.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Bozza.

Surely someone can't file legal action against you, financial or otherwise?

A board is to share opinions. Sure, some are totally innapropriate - as I'm sure this one was - but surely this is to be expected by some individuals, and we have moderators to filter such things. Someone can't threat legal action/suing on that basis?

Not having a go, we just need to stand up to these people more.

Keep up the good work, you do a terrific job :thumbsup:

I believe the legal position is that as the owner, Bozza is responsible for the content of the site, irrespective of how out of date that law is.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I feel good

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Thanks Bozza.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
I believe the legal position is that as the owner, Bozza is responsible for the content of the site, irrespective of how out of date that law is.

I understand he is responsible for it, but what sort of legal action could possibly be taken from a libellous post - or was this matter brought up by another member who had been 'abused'?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I understand he is responsible for it, but what sort of legal action could possibly be taken from a libellous post - or was this matter brought up by another member who had been 'abused'?

assuming bozza has his reasons and has stated that the matter is now closed, what part of that statement did you not understand?

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God

Legally I think actually it would be the person who posted that content but I don't think there has been a test case yet relating to libel on message boards.

Practically though, Bozza is most at risk.

Here's an interesting question. Could you (and would it be worth it) get libel insurance for NSC

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Can't libel be avoided by the simple expident of adding IMHO? A bit like Ian Hislop uses the word "allegedly" quite a lot on HIGNFW?

For example is "pasty is a cockjugglingthundercnut" more libelious than "pasty is a cockjugglingthundercnut IMHO" ?

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Can't libel be avoided by the simple expident of adding IMHO? A bit like Ian Hislop uses the word "allegedly" quite a lot on HIGNFW?

For example is "pasty is a cockjugglingthundercnut" more libelious than "pasty is a cockjugglingthundercnut IMHO" ?

As Mr Hislop says himself. That is EXACTLY how the liable laws work".

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Legally I think actually it would be the person who posted that content but I don't think there has been a test case yet relating to libel on message boards.

Actually there has http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/695596.stm

But assuming Bozza acts when notified (if proven) then NSC itself and Bozza are protected. It only becomes a problem when the site owner ignores a legitimate complaint. As in the case above.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Chill out darling, I was only interested! Bozza and all the others on this board do a sterling job, I'm not questioning that!

course you were sweetie pie

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here