Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Wembley Box Park for SF

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
How the hell is this sold out already - what a joke it’s been on sale an hour or so…

Will just have to chance arm at 1ish I guess - I take it kids will still be free…

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Am I right the Green Man is just west of Wembley? And that’s the other big decent boozer we’ll have? So can easily check the queue at box park then still over to the Green Man if queues too big?

Any help appreciated pls…

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Sold out to Cat 1

Long time lurker, have been to Box park (Wembley, Rainham, Preston Park) loads of times over the war years, if anyone has a guest box park ticket please let me know

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Am I right the Green Man is just west of Wembley? And that’s the other big decent boozer we’ll have? So can easily check the queue at box park then still over to the Green Man if queues too big?

I didn’t go to The Green Man before the City match but hopefully will this time.
If you look at Dagmar Av on Google Earth you can see it’s not far, the pub has got a very large garden with outside bars.
I’m told by others that went last time that it’s good.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Got tickets. Aiming to do Boxpark around 12 until 3ish. I want to leave in plenty of time to get to the ground and have a chance for a mince around the concourse with a beer and soak up the atmosphere.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Why do they charge £11.13? For what exactly? Seems like money for old rope to attend a venue with overpriced food and drink. Don't think Ive missed out. Ok well done club for securing it if thats what some want.

Mike90A

Dec 29, 2016

Yes Green Man is ours. Was there is 19, atmosphere was good, but beer queues long. Had waitresses going round with trays of shots, if that’s your thing.
Got led on a merry old route to the stadium, up through a car park and around the block.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Why do they charge £11.13? For what exactly? Seems like money for old rope to attend a venue with overpriced food and drink. Don't think Ive missed out. Ok well done club for securing it if thats what some want.
We were sceptical back in 2019 but eventually opted for it and it was well worth the money. Probably not if your idea for the semi is to get on a coach, go to wembley, watch game, get on a coach, come home. There will be videos of the albion, guest speakers, several ex players milling around, for example in 2019 we had chats with Sidwell and Rollings. The fact it has sold out so quick suggests people have a good idea of what to expect. Also, rather pay a tenner to be there than in some local pub. Each to their own though.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
We were sceptical back in 2019 but eventually opted for it and it was well worth the money. Probably not if your idea for the semi is to get on a coach, go to wembley, watch game, get on a coach, come home. There will be videos of the albion, guest speakers, several ex players milling around, for example in 2019 we had chats with Sidwell and Rollings. The fact it has sold out so quick suggests people have a good idea of what to expect. Also, rather pay a tenner to be there than in some local pub. Each to their own though.
Agree - we enjoyed it last time, although also got a drink included for the entry price so was even better value.

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
Surely this isn’t right. Not screening the game

Attachments

• 0107453F-6204-42A3-9F1B-D147C0D1C5AA.png
    0107453F-6204-42A3-9F1B-D147C0D1C5AA.png
    754 KB · Views: 50

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
Oh sorry didn’t realise that thought it maybe for those without tickets who wished to have the Wembley experience.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Whilst I missed out on tickets I did take a look at their offerings. They claim a great choice of drinks including craft ales, wines and spirits. Well, the beer choice is decidedly average, and largely from Burton on Trent, prices on par with the Amex and many an establishment in Brighton, and nothing resembling a craft ale whatsoever. I think you'll be fine if you are a gin drinker as they offer a large choice of flavoured clear spirit.

The food on the other hand looks varied, and seems to be good value, so long as a) the portions are sensible, not meagre and b) they don't put up the prices on FA Cup Semi Finals day.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I remember 2019 the train up and then the walk from London Bridge through Borough Market was incredible. Albion literally everywhere.
I really don’t like Wembley in terms a place to get to or drink around so I’ll be doing my pre-match elsewhere.
I’m expecting this to be different to 2019 though in terms of plastic Man U also everywhere, unlike City’s tame efforts.

seagurl

Mar 21, 2012
Outside the stadium there are designated areas for supporters with food, beer tents etc . We had a great time last semi final, (although the weather was in our favour). Lots of singing and drinking and free!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here