Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well this must be a tad annoying for Reading

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Maybe they realise that they were his sons actions and not his?

He has a great track record and I think woul dbe a good fit for them. I just won't expect Pearson junior to be signing forms at any point in the near future
Maybe the Thai owners will not care about the association with the name in Thailand. Maybe they will.

If they do care, he won't be getting the job. That is all.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Could Fulham be a threat now or are they too far off the pace already ???

Why? What's Clarke ever done as a manager apart from fluking a trip to an FA Cup semi-final, which, as we all know, almost anyone can do?

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Why? What's Clarke ever done as a manager apart from fluking a trip to an FA Cup semi-final, which, as we all know, almost anyone can do?

To be fair he took them from playing dross last season to genuine playoff contenders (possibly more) this year. Blackman has been superb after looking like the latest Quincy Ousus Obeye with bags of pace but not much else leading to fast dribbles to the corner flag and then not quite knowing what to do, into a genuine out and out championship player.

The Reading fans up here think he has been superb for them. I have only got to the Madejski a couple of times this year but you can definitely see an improvement. With Fulham already having some decent players I think he will do well and may even see a push for the playoffs

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
'triffic we're now going to be told just how good and much loved Clarke is at Reading.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Perhaps all was not golden at Craven Cottage but echoes of Gus going to Reading so Clarke will stay until the next offer comes in. If I was Reading chairman I would do as TB did and say goodbye you have shown your loyalty to us .

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
"I personally think he's holding this squad back, he's proved himself to be tactically naive and his selections are strange. Not a fan of making changes every game. Injuries or not our squad is quite clearly still underachieving and that mostly is down to Steve Clarke.

Thank you for the summer transfers and for Wembley. That's about it."

"Scottish + **** = Clarke"

"Good riddance. I just care that he sacked some good people who were much more loyal than him and probably blew any funding that was available for this season,"

"The guy is dull as **** and has a face like a raped Vulcan. The man is a prick."

Awkward.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
All we need now is a Mark McGhee type double U turn, like he did when he left Reading for Wolves :lolol:

theroyal

May 11, 2014
So if Hughton did the same, your reaction would be "Oh, fair enough mate, good luck"?

Eagerly awaiting the presser tomorrow... it could be awkward.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So if Hughton did the same, your reaction would be "Oh, fair enough mate, good luck"?

Eagerly awaiting the presser tomorrow... it could be awkward.

I would be astounded if Hughton even wanted to speak to Fulham, we are now a better long term proposition and 2nd in the table so why leave?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Like most Reading fans are astounded Clarke considered going to Fulham? ;)

Yeah but he did and I think they have another season of parachutes, yours have ended no?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here