Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well done guys! Orient didn't do bad either!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
You probably wont play us next season in the league.........BUT you will play us again and it will be in the same league. Life wont be easy in the Championship. Big teams, bigger grounds, bigger players, bigger clubs. New grounds dont always work in teh favour of the home team. Like I say, I dont wish BHA ill but lets face facts, youll struggle in the championship in your first season and might be back down sooner than you know it....and thats assuming you go up in the first place!

That's nice timing, I just said you don't add anything. And you pop up with this gem. Just my opinion, of course, but I'll be glad to see the back of clubs like yours. We might not go up this season and we might play you again next season. If that happens, that's a shame, but that's football. It doesn't always work out how you want it to. My first season supporting this club was the first at The Priestfield, I've seen the worst team in our clubs history so anything is better than that. So sue me, I am bored of Leyton Orient and Walsall and other clubs playing at their peak. No offence to anyone, and obviously we have to earn promotion but we're set up to playing to a better standard.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Yeah, we won't be playing you after this season. What a pity. :thumbsup:

I would post something like Oldham on a tuesday night, but you wouldn't go anyway. Zing. All the best. :kiss:

Orient also turfed us out of the JPT this season, so don't get too above yourself. Those of us who have followed the Albion for a long time know that we knock about the divisions and play the 'O's regularly.

Must confess it's one of my favourite grounds, we always make a superb amount of atmosphere there, pubs are friendly. Got far more time for Candles and O fans than the daytrippers who 'support' Man U/Chelsea etc. At least they get off their arse, pay their dues and have a geographical connection with the team

ILIKECANDLES

Banned
Sep 1, 2010
That's nice timing, I just said you don't add anything. And you pop up with this gem. Just my opinion, of course, but I'll be glad to see the back of clubs like yours. We might not go up this season and we might play you again next season. If that happens, that's a shame, but that's football. It doesn't always work out how you want it to. My first season supporting this club was the first at The Priestfield, I've seen the worst team in our clubs history so anything is better than that. So sue me, I am bored of Leyton Orient and Walsall and other clubs playing at their peak. No offence to anyone, and obviously we have to earn promotion but we're set up to playing to a better standard.

When you fall sunshine i'll be waiting........you aint any better than LOFC. You gotta earn your place in the championship and you have done that yet.

ILIKECANDLES

Banned
Sep 1, 2010
Orient also turfed us out of the JPT this season, so don't get too above yourself. Those of us who have followed the Albion for a long time know that we knock about the divisions and play the 'O's regularly.

Must confess it's one of my favourite grounds, we always make a superb amount of atmosphere there, pubs are friendly. Got far more time for Candles and O fans than the daytrippers who 'support' Man U/Chelsea etc. At least they get off their arse, pay their dues and have a geographical connection with the team

cheers el pres. A perfect balance to the NE mongfest.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I'm digging myself a hole, so I am going to stop at this. My favourite memory as a Brighton fan is the FA Cup trip to Brisbane Road in 1997, for the 4-2 defeat. The atmosphere that day was something I'd not experienced as a Brighton fan and I've had some other good memories from many trips to Brisbane Road (the Bobby Zamora goal in the 2-0 win being a highlight, and then getting crushed as everyone charged forward to touch him), but I think as a club, we are ready to move on now. We've got stable ownership, good management, a new stadium we move into next season and we've got a fantastic squad of players who can step up. We're talking about buying the better players from our league to supplement our already strong squad. We're moving forward in a way I've not seen us do, in my 14 years now supporting the club, so forgive me for getting carried away a bit. There's still quite a small club mentality surrounding our club, which I don't like, personally. Maybe it's all just in my head, but that's my opinion.

I mean no disrespect, mr O. All the best son. Thanks for calling me a mong, classy.

ILIKECANDLES

Banned
Sep 1, 2010
Safeway got a warning yesterday for calling someone a mong, wonder if Candles will appear in the moderating section? Doubt it, he seems to get away with anything.

I'm not the only one that uses the word. However I apologise for any offence and I'll try not to use it again.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here