Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Well done boris!!!

Jan 30, 2008
That is disgusting. The kinder, gentler politics of the left on display once again. Thanks to scumbags like this we get an MP like Russell-Moyle. Shameful.
i thought he may have been kicked out at the last GE, seems like the right ons clearly have a soft spot for him........... kemptown what a place:rolleyes:
regards
DF

Jan 30, 2008
John Crace nails it again:

Boris Johnson has every right to sound knackered. It’s little more than a couple of weeks since he came out of intensive care and his partner has just given birth to a baby boy. But sounding breathless before he had even gasped out his opening sentence at his first Downing Street press conference since falling ill with the coronavirus probably wasn’t the commanding, reassuring presence he had hoped to convey.

The Boss may be back, but the man who longed to be the new Churchill isn’t even the old Boris. The upbeat ebullience and jingoism no longer comes naturally. He can still come out with the same words, but he can no longer even bring himself to believe them. For the first time in his life, there are signs of self-doubt. When he looks in the mirror, he now sees his reflection beginning to fragment. His persona that has been carefully constructed over 55 years to protect himself from the pain of being himself is falling apart. Yet still he can’t quite access the humility that might go some way to healing himself.

Not that Boris didn’t give it his best shot at papering over the cracks, but it cost him dear. By the end of the press conference he was just two pinprick, bloodshot eyes peeping out of an ashen-white face. If he really feels the need to get back to work so soon, then he can’t have much faith in the rest of his cabinet. There again, that’s one area where you can’t really fault his judgment.

Coronavirus: the week explained - sign up for our email newsletter
Read more
“I’m not going to minimise the lack of personal protective equipment or the failure to expedite testing,” he said. Before proceeding to do just that. The lack of PPE and adequate testing – today was the day we were supposed to have reached 100,000 daily tests – have been two of the leading factors in the UK’s mortality rate, but according to Boris the government hadn’t put a foot wrong. The lack of an apology becomes more insulting by the day to the families of the nearly 27,000 people who have died. It appears that the only people in the entire country not to have heard of the 2016 Exercise Cygnus, that highlighted the risks of a pandemic, are the entire government frontbench.

Rejoice, rejoice. Sunlight was visible. We had avoided the worst-case scenario of 500,000 dead by burrowing under the alpine mountain. Boris appeared to have both forgotten that we were already well past the 20,000 “best-case result” of his chief scientific adviser, Patrick Vallance, and that – even allowing for statistical variations – the UK had a fatality rate significantly higher than that of Germany or South Korea and might even have the worst record of any country in Europe.

Advertisement

The line that the government did the right things at the right time becomes ever more untenable. What can’t be admitted is that Boris effectively took a 10-day holiday in March, at a time when he could have done more to protect the country. Seldom has so much been owed by so few to so many.

Boris then breezed on to the R rate – AKA the reproduction rate. Here satire nearly died. For as scientists struggle to pin down the UK’s R rate to between 0.6 and 0.9, no one has the first idea of Boris’s own reproduction rate. We know its current level is at least six – though even Boris doesn’t appear to know if it’s more – and with every likelihood of adding to the score in the years ahead. If Boris were a virus he would be deadly.

On and on he bumbled. We would have to wait until some time next week for the government to make it clear it still had no real plan for ending lockdown. Things were definitely getting better but no one had a clue how to ease things while ensuring R remained lower than one. Even Vallance and England’s chief medical officer, Chris Whitty, couldn’t help Boris out with that one. The only certainty was more uncertainty.

The questions only revealed how little everyone really knew, as Boris had no clear answers to anything. He couldn’t say anything on tourism to Cornwall – “there will be more information later” – and his suggestion that people with mental health issues should call NHS helplines rang hollow as successive Tory governments have cut mental health provision to a bare minimum. Even if you’re really desperate, you’re lucky to get an appointment inside six months these days. An embarrassed Whitty eventually had to intervene and point people in the direction of mental health charities if they needed urgent help.

Otherwise, there was just more of the same. The scientists urging caution while Boris talked big about the economy bouncing back, avoiding the second peak and enforcing the wearing of face masks which only a month ago he had said were a waste of time. But deep down, Boris knows he’s met his match. Up till now, he’s never found a situation in his life which he couldn’t bluster his way out of. Now he’s come up against a power greater than himself; coronavirus is so far immune to almost everything. In a straight contest between coronavirus and bullshit, the coronavirus wins every time.
:bla::bla::bla:
read all about it !
regards
DF

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
That is disgusting. The kinder, gentler politics of the left on display once again. Thanks to scumbags like this we get an MP like Russell-Moyle. Shameful.

I put Not Andy Naylor's remark under the heading of black comedy, rather like Johnson's suggestion that the programme to build more ventilators should be called 'Operation Last Gasp'.

You might not come out with either in certain company but your faux outrage is frankly childlike. Unless of course you want to start a splenetic tirade against Johnson as well?

Jan 30, 2008
I put Not Andy Naylor's remark under the heading of black comedy, rather like Johnson's suggestion that the programme to build more ventilators should be called 'Operation Last Gasp'.

You might not come out with either in certain company but your faux outrage is frankly childlike. Unless of course you want to start a splenetic tirade against Johnson as well?
black comedy/ faux outrage , i'd leave it that before you make an even bigger fool of yourself :rolleyes:
regards
DF

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013

There's people dying of this virus at this very moment all over the World, including here and you call it faux outrage.Just shows what a horrible f#cker you are, you soppy c#nt.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
There's people dying of this virus at this very moment all over the World, including here and you call it faux outrage.Just shows what a horrible f#cker you are, you soppy c#nt.

Yes, and a friend of mine has. While she is still greatly mourned I will leave you to carry spitting your noisy venom. Can you confirm that you regard Boris Johnson as being a horrible f#cking c#nt for his comment?

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Yes, and a friend of mine has. While she is still greatly mourned I will leave you to carry spitting your noisy venom. Can you confirm that you regard Boris Johnson as being a horrible f#cking c#nt for his comment?

Boris Johnson, whilst I find his comment distasteful, wasn't celebrating the deaths of our older generation to overturn a democratic vote. The fact that you can't see the difference says everything I need to know about you. Idiot.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Boris Johnson, whilst I find his comment distasteful, wasn't celebrating the deaths of our older generation to overturn a democratic vote. The fact that you can't see the difference says everything I need to know about you. Idiot.

I shan't respond in kind - you're making enough of an exhibition of yourself without outside help.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I shan't respond in kind - you're making enough of an exhibition of yourself without outside help.

You respond by saying you shan't respond and then continue to respond some more. Classic behaviour of an argument lost. Like I said, Idiot.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
You respond by saying you shan't respond and then continue to respond some more. Classic behaviour of an argument lost. Like I said, Idiot.

I didn't say I wouldn't respond - I said I wouldn't respond in kind. And I won't. You carry on digging your hole though. I'm sure there are lots more words you can use to advance your case.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I didn't say I wouldn't respond - I said I wouldn't respond in kind. And I won't. You carry on digging your hole though. I'm sure there are lots more words you can use to advance your case.

Don't try to argue with it. You've got a 'pigeon playing Chess' situation here.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Not very becoming of a PM to go around impregnating 4 different women , not even his wives ! Morally not sure how that can be excused by being in 2020 .

Yeah I'm jealous as well.

Happy for him though, quite distasteful to see a few people in here using this new born kid to have a go at Boris Johnson, regardless of what you think of him.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
So much venom on here. I’d like to congratulate the sprog for getting accepted at Eton and also with being taken on by that famous investment banking company.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013

So you can't see the difference between the admittedly poor taste comment by Boris and the disgusting comment by Not Andy Naylor? I find that hard to believe and think that you are letting your disliking of Boris cloud your judgement. Surely you are not that thick.....

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Deluded, I’m the product of a married man shagging a 19 yr old work colleague in 1968. To this day I’ve never set eyes on either parent, I’m grateful to my birth mother for not opting for an abortion must of been tough for her pregnant & single back in the 60’s.

Wow, I was adopted in the late 60’s too but never knew the detail like you, how did you find out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
So you can't see the difference between the admittedly poor taste comment by Boris and the disgusting comment by Not Andy Naylor? I find that hard to believe and think that you are letting your disliking of Boris cloud your judgement. Surely you are not that thick.....

Not Andy Naylor was drawing attention to a statistical truth with a dose of black humour, quite possibly tasteless. Boris Johnson was referencing the specific fact that many people finally expire from coronavirus in a truly horrible way by his own jokey aside, also tasteless. Both comments seem to be in the classic tradition of British stand-up black humour but I am not going to come over all frothy over either and it strikes me as a bit contrived to say you're furious about one and not the other. That's all. You carry on with your asterisks if it pleases you.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Wow, I was adopted in the late 60’s too but never knew the detail like you, how did you find out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I managed to track down where my mother used to live in Shoreham and knocked the door, to cut a long story short the old couple down stairs were friendly with my mothers family & told me the whole story. Apparently my mother was a gobby type who would fly at anyone who looked down on her being pregnant & single and thankfully was determined to give me a life. I was born and looked after by nuns and then eventually adopted. I’ve never felt like I belonged anywhere until I had my own family and from that moment on never really gave it a second thought.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here