Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well done Albion

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
While it's undoubtably been a bad season – especially compared to the other Amex ones, not to mention some of the Withdean years, I see a *slight* glimmer of hope in that there were a lot of games where we didn't play badly, just couldn't score goals. Even back to Sami's first few games, people were marvelling at the style of play - little did they know then!

I have faith in CH, not least because he knows and has already experienced this division (unlike the previous three managers on their appointment), and has also managed at the highest level in the UK (ditto about the previous three managers). Sort it out up top, keep it tight at the back, and I reckon we can challenge again next season - or at least turn some of those draws into wins!

I'm quite prepared to have egg on my face this time next season, but wipe the slate clean, and everyone starts on zero points in August. Bring on the 2015/16 season :albion2:

Downsman

Mar 19, 2014
What matters now is preventing this from happening again. It's pointless having a wonderful stadium, training ground and great support with a rubbish team. We must invest in some decent players. How can Bournemouth do what they are doing with gates of 10,000? We must also keep our best players. Surely we are not selling Ince and Dunk?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Have you been on the celebratory champers already ? Who is Kones ? Some exotic import I hadn't noticed. I'll take safety, however painful it was drawn out, as it was a forgone conclusion with the dim Finn in charge. Major clearoot required though

Clearoot - are u Scottish ;)

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Let's be honest a dire season. We are staying up as CH managed to get 5-6 decent games from this lot which seems an achievement and there are somehow 4 worse teams below us (none of which we managed to beat which I think shows how bad we have been)
Hopefully the manager will be backed and not left out to dry with 3rd and 4th rate signings being made late August 3 weeks after the season has started. Let's get rid of the dross we have (there is a good 10 players that could be sold) and get a squad together that will excite the fans and lets do it early.
PL ready? Let's show it this summer

SAC

May 21, 2014
Well done Millwall, Wigan and Blackpool.

After what most people thought was dross last season, it is good to see what dross really is this one. My fear is that people are expecting far too much from next season. Getting out of this division (upwards) is about having one or two goal scorers and they wont be easy to get and certainly not on the cheap. Fulham paid twice what they should for Ross McCormack but even if he only cost £5 million a return of 10 league goals is pretty poor.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Yes, very well done, one and all.
Last night was one of my proudest moments ever as a customer of the club.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Wouldnt say well done, except maybe to Chris Hughton who has clearly done his immediate job by keeping us in the division.

Now, bloody well kick on from here so we dont have this again next season.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Yes, very well done, one and all.
Last night was one of my proudest moments ever as a customer of the club.

Agreed,

Seeing Millwall lose yesterday and therefore confirming themselves as relegation fodder made me proud to be a customer at Brighton and Hove Albion.

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
Well done for what ? we are about to lose 6 of the last 7 games - avoid relegation by the skin of our teeth . as fans have been subjected to abject football and had a team based around loanees put on display . Bad management , poorly organised and very unexciting football . The only reason I kept going was for the company and banter with friends . The football was appalling . We've played with more passion in previous seasons and been relegated . If any of you think we can turn that round into a promotion chasing side in 3 months then you are severely misguided . No chance . We 'll be lucky to stay up next year as well

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Hughton did do fairly well, but failing to pick up 1 point from, Millwall, Wigan, Blackpool and Rotherham is pretty damm pathetic and should be asking serious questions about how he sets up his team, its pretty shocking at how bad we have been in recent weeks.

As mentioned, Fulham and Charlton were key as too was our tuesday night perfromances.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Hughton did do fairly well, but failing to pick up 1 point from, Millwall, Wigan, Blackpool and Rotherham is pretty damm pathetic and should be asking serious questions about how he sets up his team, its pretty shocking at how bad we have been in recent weeks.

As mentioned, Fulham and Charlton were key as too was our tuesday night perfromances.

As mentioned by others, its a good thing we play another 19 sides......Personally I couldnt care if we lost to the bottom sides if we then went and beat the top sides.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
As mentioned by others, its a good thing we play another 19 sides......Personally I couldnt care if we lost to the bottom sides if we then went and beat the top sides.

These games were all 6 pointers though which allowed them to catch us. We didnt and thats why we are where we are right now.

Personally Id rather win against all opposition, winning against top teams and losing against the shit next season isnt going to get us anywhere.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It's been a shocking season given our new found big ish club status but lets not get too arrogant. We used to be odds on for relegation whenever we went up in years gone by. Yes I know things are different now but considering the hole Hyypia / Burke etc left us in im very pleased we're safe. Nobody is too good to go down - just ask Leeds / Saints / Norwich / Wigan etc

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Yes, well done to Hughton and Jones.

It was looking really grim for us long before the low point of Millwall at home.

Very happy we've turned around this miserable, forgettable, wasted season.

'Turned it around?', have we really? I think the season from start to finish has been pretty much equally miserable really, with just the odd high spot.

I'm just eternally grateful that there are three or four teams who have been even more woeful than us. Bring on next season!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Hughton did do fairly well, but failing to pick up 1 point from, Millwall, Wigan, Blackpool and Rotherham is pretty damm pathetic and should be asking serious questions about how he sets up his team.

Hang on hang on....

We DREW at Millwall. And Rovrum CHEATED

Jan 30, 2008
Just want to say well done CH and all the players who have contributed this season towards the Albion staying up a good number of you are unlikely to be here next year and good luck to you but as a team who were poor and poorly lead for the most part thank you for keeping my team in the Championship to live and fight another day :clap:
easly pleased with your head stuck firmly in the sand, sad post:facepalm:
regards
DR

SAC

May 21, 2014
'Turned it around?', have we really? I think the season from start to finish has been pretty much equally miserable really, with just the odd high spot.

I'm just eternally grateful that there are three or four teams who have been even more woeful than us. Bring on next season!

Who's to say that next season there will be three other teams that are worse?!?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here