Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well done Albion

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Awful season but Kones & Hughton deserve credit for keeping us up despite the recent nose dive in form. The wind against Ips / Leeds even Derby to an extent were impressive & CH has done alright. Bring on the Summer - im genuinly so relieved!

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
In all seriousness, I'm giving Hughton a lot of credit. Go back to Christmas and we were a total shambles. At that stage, there was no doubt in my mind we were going down, probably with about 35 points. To keep us up relatively comfortably with a bunch of misfits and not a single player capable of scoring goals is no mean feat. It might not have been pretty, but he's done a good job so far.

Relatively comfortably ?. Think ur in the wrong place this is the brighton thread

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
In all seriousness, I'm giving Hughton a lot of credit. Go back to Christmas and we were a total shambles. At that stage, there was no doubt in my mind we were going down, probably with about 35 points. To keep us up relatively comfortably with a bunch of misfits and not a single player capable of scoring goals is no mean feat. It might not have been pretty, but he's done a good job so far.

I agree. Our recent shitness has made people forget how well Hughton was doing before this poor run. His only task when he took over was to keep us up.
Mission complete.
Now judge him 6 months into next season people :)

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
So, there we have it. Millwall lose, and, barring a 24-goal swing (you never know with this lot), BHAFC's place in the second tier is confirmed for another year. An utter aberration of a season, beginning with the wrong manager and a transfer policy that felt underwhelming at the time and now seems utterly suicidal in hindsight. To go from Vicente (the best player ever to wear blue and white) to Leon pissing Best in a couple of years is very galling, and serious questions have to be asked about the club's interaction with the FFP regulations. Saving the pennies and appealing to fans as 'customers' is all well and good, but they will not flock to the Amex to watch Crawley Town etc (a reality we have very narrowly avoided) in the same way that those of us who were there for the really bad times might. The 11 on the pitch need to make Albionites proud. They have failed to do so for too long

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Relatively comfortably ?. Think ur in the wrong place this is the brighton thread

We're safe with 2 games to go. What more could you want???? It was never in doubt............

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Awful season but Kones & Hughton deserve credit for keeping us up despite the recent nose dive in form. The wind against Ips / Leeds even Derby to an extent were impressive & CH has done alright. Bring on the Summer - im genuinly so relieved!
Have you been on the celebratory champers already ? Who is Kones ? Some exotic import I hadn't noticed. I'll take safety, however painful it was drawn out, as it was a forgone conclusion with the dim Finn in charge. Major clearoot required though

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Looking forward to hearing Hughton's comments on safety being assured now.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Whilst it is a relief that we've stayed up there can be no denying it's been an absolute poo stain of a season. There is a tremendous amount of dross in the division this year and if we're honest we've only stayed up because there are three teams that sunk deeper than dross into the realm of appalling. Most season's we'd have been relegated.

Still, it's over now. Lets hope having the same manager at the end of one season and the beginning of the next will help with recruitment and next year will be more enjoyable. It's been over 40 years since we've spent more than five seasons in the same division so we should be exiting the championship one way or another next year...

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Looking forward to hearing Hughton's comments on safety being assured now.

He'll probably start with "We're disappointed" because he's been saying that so often this season.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Hats off to Albion fans to sticking with the project and renewing ST's in large numbers for next season, its been a test of loyalty.

We really need a long term plan for the team, loan players only when necessary, ie not the backbone of the team.

Now lets give Watford a game on Saturday, would be great if positive Albion performances influenced the promotion spots. I still believe if the team had been in more confident mood we could have beaten Nowich and B'muff recently

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
K(J)ones deserves a big fat cheque from uncle Tony as had he not bonded the team and got them playing again in those couple of games over Christmas we would be down. He is the unsung hero for me in the second half of the season.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
K(J)ones deserves a big fat cheque from uncle Tony as had he not bonded the team and got them playing again in those couple of games over Christmas we would be down. He is the unsung hero for me in the second half of the season.

Too right, the wins in the capital were absolutely crucial...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here