Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Welbeck

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Danny MOM by million miles today. Shame isnt given more service. Cant spell his name but the Jap sub (22) was absolute class. An extra gear and made up for an average Lampty performance today.

The Seagull

Jan 17, 2021
Danny MOM by million miles today. Shame isnt given more service. Cant spell his name but the Jap sub (22) was absolute class. An extra gear and made up for an average Lampty performance today.

I do the fishing round here son, MOM ? Gotta do better than that.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
I do the fishing round here son, MOM ? Gotta do better than that.
Have you got something personal against Danny? His movement off the ball is world class. His movement on the ball is world class. He cant beat the opposition alone after all its a team game but he certainly tries to beat them when not served well.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Have you got something personal against Danny? His movement off the ball is world class. His movement on the ball is world class. He cant beat the opposition alone after all its a team game but he certainly tries to beat them when not served well.

Danny Welbeck actually has many fans now in parts of........... never mind.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
From his recent interview Potter indicates that we are looking for another forward in the Danny Welbeck mold.

"We have got a different mix of players but there probably isn't another Danny Welbeck in terms of profile so that is something we may look at if we are going to look anywhere"

Sasa Kalajdzic is the forward player most rumoured to be on our radar and looking at his stats he certainly fits the Danny Welbeck profile.

Other than being left footed he seems like for like a perfect identical fit.

Here is how they compare,

20220815_085726.jpg
20220815_085601.jpg
20220815_085632.jpg
20220815_085650.jpg
20220815_085531.jpg
20220815_085515.jpg
20220815_085458.jpg

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We probably can't afford him anymore but have we totally dropped last summer's interest in Patrik Schick ?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
We probably can't afford him anymore but have we totally dropped last summer's interest in Patrick Schick ?

I’m going to stick my neck out on Kalajdzic. It’s us or Man Utd.

They should clearly beat us to a player 99% of the time but they are in crisis currently. We might have more than a 1% chance in this instance although I still expect him to be a Manure player by September.

The Seagull

Jan 17, 2021
Read my original post and see that I’m excited about him playing this season BUT to give him MOM for Saturday is ridiculous. He was very average (nothing wrong with that as the Newcastle defence played well), Let’s give him 15/20 games and come back to this thread.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
From his recent interview Potter indicates that we are looking for another forward in the Danny Welbeck mold.

"We have got a different mix of players but there probably isn't another Danny Welbeck in terms of profile so that is something we may look at if we are going to look anywhere"

Sasa Kalajdzic is the forward player most rumoured to be on our radar and looking at his stats he certainly fits the Danny Welbeck profile.

Does Sasa have Danny's pace though? Tbh I've not seen much of him but the impression I have is that he's not the quickest.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Here is how they compare,

View attachment 150873
View attachment 150874
View attachment 150875
View attachment 150876
View attachment 150877
View attachment 150878
View attachment 150880

You could have just put this on any one of the (at least) 3 other freds we have about this fella.

He's been on the radar for a couple of seasons.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Does Sasa have Danny's pace though? Tbh I've not seen much of him but the impression I have is that he's not the quickest.

No, and that may be a deal breaker. But he does offer one hell of a hold up option for all of our no10s to play off of.

Jimmy Grimble

I’m pretty sure our points ratio with Welbeck on the pitch will be significantly higher than without.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here