Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Welbeck Goal

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
It doesn't look like the chelsea player in front of welbeck was being held down, or like welbeck uses him to get extra height. There was nothing stopping the defender from clearing that cross, except how good that ball was. It was the perfect height to be too high for the defender, but reachable for Welbeck. It really is a fantastic cross.

I thought Chalobah had been excellent for them last night.
He's rapid and cleaned up several decent through-balls. Completely stranded for that cross though.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Quality players score goals who would have thought it :shrug: I see GP said the same in the awkward interview with the other GP was that a hint ???

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
Remarkable goal. I was in the Chelsea side of the shed & from my angle it looked like an own goal given the blue shirts all around Welbeck!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
No-one on the commentary mentioned the cross from Cucurella at all let alone said it was 'hoofed'. They just concentrated on the brillaince of Welbeck's header.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Watching the rerun of the game this morning and the commentators mentioned in the first half that Chelsea had yet to concede a headed goal this season. But for the brilliance of Welbeck it may have remained so.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Love Cucu's jog away from the celebrations like it was nothing to lob the ball in over 3 players to land inch perfect on Welbz head between 2 others.

Jimmy Grimble

Love Cucu's jog away from the celebrations like it was nothing to lob the ball in over 3 players to land inch perfect on Welbz head between 2 others.

Bored of the last minute goals by now I imagine.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Cucu's cross gets better every time I see it. I'm pretty sure one of the Prime pundits claimed he 'just lumped it in'! It was pure class. We really have got some high quality players in our squad. What a time to be an Albion supporter.
You can bet your last dollar that if Bernardo Silva put in a cross like that the pundits would have been stroking themselves off over it.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Bored of the last minute goals by now I imagine.

There's a clip somewhere from a Chelsea fan, where it shows Cucurella running to the sideline and roaring in the aftermath.

This is a good VLOG, shows our goal from 7:15 from the Chelsea end. The lovely young lady is also very fair all along and complimentary of our play. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saWGZU3liRQ

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
There's a clip somewhere from a Chelsea fan, where it shows Cucurella running to the sideline and roaring in the aftermath.

This is a good VLOG, shows our goal from 7:15 from the Chelsea end. The lovely young lady is also very fair all along and complimentary of our play. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saWGZU3liRQ

I liked her up to the point she said "you can't expect to win the league when you only draw at home to teams like Brighton", other than that her analysis was quite decent...!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I liked her up to the point she said "you can't expect to win the league when you only draw at home to teams like Brighton", other than that her analysis was quite decent...!

I noticed that too. But from their perspective that is probably fair. It made me think of our result against Liverpool. I wonder if we will stop city when we play them up there? She was full of credit for us the whole way through and didn't blame the ref but blamed the players. She showed far more grace than Tuchel who embarrased himself with his whining.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Thanks for sharing the You Tube VLOG above.
After watching the first 30 seconds I thought here we go again, with another young wannabe talking rubbish.
However her content was very reasonable and balanced. I'm sure the Premier League fanbase around the world will make this young lady be able to afford to do this regularly as a job.
She already has almost 20000 subscribers to her channel.

Good luck to young Astrid, she's better than any other football vlogger I've seen.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Thanks for sharing the You Tube VLOG above.
After watching the first 30 seconds I thought here we go again, with another young wannabe talking rubbish.
However her content was very reasonable and balanced. I'm sure the Premier League fanbase around the world will make this young lady be able to afford to do this regularly as a job.
She already has almost 20000 subscribers to her channel.

Good luck to young Astrid, she's better than any other football vlogger I've seen.
She's not that elequont or particularly insightful but being realistic she's a pretty young woman who has a lot of followers. So fair play she will probably get a pundit job and be set for life !!

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here