Superb header. Hope he stays fit.

wel1.gif

wel2.gif

cel.gif

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
That’s great. Love Mac Allister running on to celebrate in his duffel coat.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Welbeck loved that. Not sure he’s all that keen on Chelsea.

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
Superb cross, top class header - but note also that we had 4 players in the box, all of them in strong / threatening positions (depending on where the ball fell if Danny had not made such a superb effort).

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Possibly. I could see Murray having taken a chance like that. Is that three goals in two goals now from open play!?

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk

Exactly the way I see it. Very Glenn Murray that header.

He had loads to do, he had to get some pace on it, but guided it downwards. Keeper no chance.

proper quality striker

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
Cucu's cross gets better every time I see it. I'm pretty sure one of the Prime pundits claimed he 'just lumped it in'! It was pure class. We really have got some high quality players in our squad. What a time to be an Albion supporter.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Cucu's cross gets better every time I see it. I'm pretty sure one of the Prime pundits claimed he 'just lumped it in'! It was pure class. We really have got some high quality players in our squad. What a time to be an Albion supporter.

Any pundit that said “just lumped in” should give up now, that cross is 100% perfect, like you say gets better every time.

twickers

Jul 17, 2003

Cucurella's cross was the cherry on the cake of his brilliant performance. He was so key to our transitions. He has the stamina of a race horse, to put in that sort of shift then after 90 minutes put in a ball of that quality is just world class. I agree, to watch players of this quality wearing a shirt with BHA is just a joy to behold.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
It doesn't look like the chelsea player in front of welbeck was being held down, or like welbeck uses him to get extra height. There was nothing stopping the defender from clearing that cross, except how good that ball was. It was the perfect height to be too high for the defender, but reachable for Welbeck. It really is a fantastic cross.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here