Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Welbeck 2

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We were reminded tonight how we look without a ‘proper’ 9 - fairly toothless.
Welbeck will not play every game from now until January so we have 48 hours to fix it…..deja vu……

We're DOOMED. Doomed, I tell thee.

dads-were-doomed.gif

:facepalm:

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
We've been better when he's started recently but doubt there's an easy replacement waiting on the shelf to buy.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
We're DOOMED. Doomed, I tell thee.

View attachment 151387

:facepalm:

can we not have a sensible discussion about this? nobody has said we're doomed, shit, getting relegated or anything of the sort, but i think anyone who watched that game will tell you that we missed welbeck as an option and we don't really have anyone else to step in. he's not going to play 38 games this season, so it's an issue that needs solved.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It’s definitely a concern if 5 games into the season after a full pre-season our manager feels he can’t select a single striker to start.

That’s an issue.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
It’s definitely a concern if 5 games into the season after a full pre-season our manager feels he can’t select a single striker to start.

That’s an issue.

I personally don’t believe that is what happened though.

I think Potter picked the team and tactical set up he felt gave us the best chance of a positive result. He has done this previously for specific matches successfully. Obviously, in this case it didn’t work, but I don’t think it’s because he is refusing to play Undav. I think it’s because Undav wasn’t right for this game and the system he intended to use.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

That’s an issue.

I don't really understand why we sold Maupay to be honest. Imo he was a valuable member of the squad last year. I think tonight was more tactical though than GP just feeling he couldn't select a striker

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Was it because Wellbeck was missing, or because only MacAllister had a decent game out of our starting 11?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Welbeck 2: Welb Harder

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
I personally don’t believe that is what happened though.

I think Potter picked the team and tactical set up he felt gave us the best chance of a positive result. He has done this previously for specific matches successfully. Obviously, in this case it didn’t work, but I don’t think it’s because he is refusing to play Undav. I think it’s because Undav wasn’t right for this game and the system he intended to use.

What?!

Welbeck didn’t start tonight as he clearly can’t start 3 games in a week.

He should have kept the same shape as what we have played with in our successful start to the season, so it should have been like-for-like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I don't really understand why we sold Maupay to be honest. Imo he was a valuable member of the squad last year. I think tonight was more tactical though than GP just feeling he couldn't select a striker

Seems a strange decision particularly if Undav isn't fancied, don't know what's gone on in the background though.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008

Because his contract is up and June and he was unwilling to renew it, so we took £15m-ish now rather than having a player for the season whose heart wasn’t in it, and would leave for nothing at the end of the season.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
What?!

Welbeck didn’t start tonight as he clearly can’t start 3 games in a week.

He should have kept the same shape as what we have played with in our successful start to the season, so it should have been like-for-like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It wouldn’t be like-for-like because Undav is a different type of player to Welbeck. The post I was responding to was making the point that Potter is refusing to play any striker than Welbeck. I was saying this is not the case, he would’ve picked Undav if he had fit into our game plan for this match.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Because his contract is up and June and he was unwilling to renew it, so we took £15m-ish now rather than having a player for the season whose heart wasn’t in it, and would leave for nothing at the end of the season.

Yup... really is quite simple.

He isn't the kind of guy who goes from being a starter in a club to being a backup choice either. He'd go batshit sooner or later.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
With Welbeck out until January, even you must see that this spells an awful season ahead :facepalm:

Is he out till January? Apologies, I missed that.

We are definitely doomed now, then.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
He would’ve picked Undav if he had fit into our game plan for this match.

Maybe, maybe not. You’re guessing, as am I.

I didn’t say refusing to, but I stand by my comment that it’s potentially a concern that we had to/chose to start 6 midfielders tonight. Let’s be honest, the way we played first half we didn’t look like scoring in 1,000 hours of football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here