Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Weirdos dressing as clowns to scare people

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Pretty sure it's a wine bottle. You're right about the knife bit, but the kid was clearly just misguided and a bit stupid - I don't think he deserved to be bottled.

Someone goes out deliberately to scare people with a knife, and they're just misguided? Seriously?

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Someone goes out deliberately to scare people with a knife, and they're just misguided? Seriously?

Really ? Misguided ? he was trying to terrify someone. That is a bit more than misguided.

He was a total fool, obviously.

He is, though, a young lad and I don't think that he has thought it through at all. Stupid, and yes, misguided. There is no way that he was going to use the knife and he simply didn't have the gumption to understand how carrying it as he did in the current climate is likely to be construed. He was carried along on a ridiculous wave of social media irresponsibility.

Having a bottle smashed over his head is an extremely rough justice, in my opinion.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

He is, though, a young lad and I don't think that he has thought it through at all. Stupid, and yes, misguided. There is no way that he was going to use the knife and he simply didn't have the gumption to understand how carrying it as he did in the current climate is likely to be construed. He was carried along on a ridiculous wave of social media irresponsibility.

Having a bottle smashed over his head is an extremely rough justice, in my opinion.

OK, that's half of it but the other half surely is empathising with the feelings of the victim (or scaree ?). He doesn't know how much (if any) real danger he is in. In that moment he is acting in self defence. The clown is causing a big emotion (fear) and shouldn't be surprised if this gives way to other big emotions even if disproportionate. It comes down to the fact that these are adults and it is not difficult for an adult to understand that by behaving in this way they are putting themselves in danger.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
OK, that's half of it but the other half surely is empathising with the feelings of the victim (or scaree ?). He doesn't know how much (if any) real danger he is in. In that moment he is acting in self defence. The clown is causing a big emotion (fear) and shouldn't be surprised if this gives way to other big emotions even if disproportionate. It comes down to the fact that these are adults and it is not difficult for an adult to understand that by behaving in this way they are putting themselves in danger.

Well...yes...if he hadn't told him to "wait there" before going to find the bottle that he 'defended' himself with!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Some girls I know in Crawley went out clown-hunting last weekend armed with boxes of eggs to get their retaliation in first. Could well become a seasonal sport :lol:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Well...yes...if he hadn't told him to "wait there" before going to find the bottle that he 'defended' himself with!

Fair enough..slightly delayed self defence I suppose :)

Some girls I know in Crawley went out clown-hunting last weekend armed with boxes of eggs to get their retaliation in first. Could well become a seasonal sport :lol:

Now that I like..no bottles..but JUSTICE !

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

The kid has been a prick. He doesn't deserve to be smashed over the head with a wine bottle and laid out on the floor especially a few minutes after the event.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I hate to be sharing from the Sun, but bloody Hell, this reaction was a bit excessive...https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/19412...r-jumping-out-and-scaring-shoppers-in-london/

Not sure it WAS excessive. The clown jumped out brandishing what looked like a very large and very nasty rusty knife. That was never going to go done well in London where there's an epidemic of knife crime. In the US the police would have shot him dead and asked questions afterwards. Plus he was felled by a bloke brandishing what looks in the clip like a large marrow.

Pretty sure it's a wine bottle. You're right about the knife bit, but the kid was clearly just misguided and a bit stupid - I don't think he deserved to be bottled.

Haven't got much sympathy for the prat, to be honest.

Really ? Misguided ? he was trying to terrify someone. That is a bit more than misguided.

Fair enough..slightly delayed self defence I suppose :)

Now that I like..no bottles..but JUSTICE !

The kid has been a prick. He doesn't deserve to be smashed over the head with a wine bottle and laid out on the floor especially a few minutes after the event.

FFS you lot.

It's Trollstation, probably the biggest pranking group in the country that's put the video together.

:facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here