Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We outclassed Spurs BUT

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
For the first 40mins or so we were def the better side. Spurs upped it after though. A draw would have been fair. Bale swapping flanks was a masterstroke by Harry to be fair.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Idiotic thread. yep, we looked sharper early doors, but spuds looked v good when they finally got it together- 'outclassed' deluded mate

Tubes

Apr 16, 2011
No. I was close enough to see we was able to hold our own. It was just those 3 silly and easy goals.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
We never outclassed Spurs. They were just slow off the starting blocks. But all three goal were down to unforced defensive errors, and that's not good, unless we are planning on being promoted a la Peterboro by scoring 100 goals and conceding 99. Still time to buy a proper defence Gus.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Harry said in his interview that we were the much better team in the first 35 minutes until Spurs scored against the run of play

Tubes

Apr 16, 2011
We never outclassed Spurs. They were just slow off the starting blocks. But all three goal were down to unforced defensive errors, and that's not good, unless we are planning on being promoted a la Peterboro by scoring 100 goals and conceding 99. Still time to buy a proper defence Gus.

For this I am banning myself. Branded an utter twat

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Lennon and Bale looked very good at times and carved through our defence at will when they ran at us especially in the 2nd half. Luckily we will not be playing against players of that quality very often this season.

huge

Mar 23, 2011
If we can cut out the defensive mistakes and carry on playing like that it could be a really promising season.

I agree. I'm sure Gus has grabbed the defense and keepers, taken them to one side and kicked the s**t out of them. Today was the day to make silly mistakes. He's a great manager and I'm sure he can get the best out of whoever pulls on a BHA shirt. I'll wager his words will have sunk in.

Promising promising stuff.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
We played well, gave them a good game and conceded three VERY sloppy goals from a defensive point of view. Gus won't be happy with that and rightly so.

Outclassed? Don't be silly.

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
We were all over spurs for the first half hour or so. Then they brought on Defoe and we looked like "oh sh*t we've heard of him" and suddenly the heads and confidence went down and they scored and that was that. Need to keep the faith ... even when the names do come on. Theyll be lots of em in the chship.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
How pathetic. People disagree with you and you delete your post through fear of ridicule. Get a backbone.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
For the first 40mins or so we were def the better side. Spurs upped it after though. A draw would have been fair. Bale swapping flanks was a masterstroke by Harry to be fair.

Spot on sheebs. Bale and Lennon swapped. We were coasting up to then. Good wake up call for us. Good meeting up with you in the beer queue today.

Buzz

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Idiotic thread. yep, we looked sharper early doors, but spuds looked v good when they finally got it together- 'outclassed' deluded mate

The thing is that we allowed them back into a game which we were very much in control of, by gifting the two goals, so NO I don't think you should necessarily deride the OP.

The third gift just defies contempt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here