Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We need James Wilson back for the rest of the season.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
If we sent Wilson back to Man Utd to accommodate Murray I'd be devastated. We don't need another striker anymore, 4 is enough so unless an injury stay clear of him

Wilson is a work in progress. Murray is the real deal. Both of them is the best option.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
From now to the end of the season we're going to have 4-5 players on every match day who might be fit but won't be able to make the squad.
eg: lets say in a few weeks Baldock, Wilson, Calde, Uwe, Crofts or any other 5 from the 24 might not be making the 18. or Skalak, Goldson, Lua Lua etc.

This doesn't mean they're OFF. This doesn't mean they're not needed. This doesn't mean they're out of favour. This doesn't mean they're GONE. This doesn't mean we should "Send them back".
This means we have a strong squad with 2 players for every position which is what you need to get promoted. And that 22 or 23 etc doesn't fit into 18.

Spot on. Up front for example we need Wilson and Baldock available. In case anyone hasn't noticed Wilson has barely looked capable of playing 90 mins at any point since he arrived, BZ is the same and that's without the almost-inevitable injuries still to come. We need the cover and CH needs the options to change tactics as it suits.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I have to agree and I fail to see what Baldock offers to the team that Wilson doesn't.

It's obviously luck that Baldock offers. He was one of the regular strikers that got us to the top of the league with that other one who is not good enough, Hemed. It's obvious to anyone with a half a brain cell that they are not good enough, so they must be very very lucky. ???

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
It's obviously luck that Baldock offers. He was one of the regular strikers that got us to the top of the league with that other one who is not good enough, Hemed. It's obvious to anyone with a half a brain cell that they are not good enough, so they must be very very lucky. ???

He was lucky to be part of the team then when goals were coming from Lua Lua and March with Hemed chipping in. so the luck part was to his advantage and not the team IMHO. Hemed has contributed 8 goals to Baldocks 2.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Hang on, I didn't criticise Hemed here. Baldock has managed 2 goals so far. 2 is not enough for a top 6 team, let alone a top 2 one. Yes, he contributes to the team but, primarily, he needs to score more goals. Nothing to do with luck.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Does anyone else think that there is more in this with Wilson being absent. I said it earlier he was down to play on Sat with his kit even being laid out in the changing room , for then suddenly to not be included in the squad at all . Just seems odd to me

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
He was lucky to be part of the team then when goals were coming from Lua Lua and March with Hemed chipping in. so the luck part was to his advantage and not the team IMHO. Hemed has contributed 8 goals to Baldocks 2.

Don't confuse the Sam B lovers with facts! It's all about luck, you know!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
From now to the end of the season we're going to have 4-5 players on every match day who might be fit but won't be able to make the squad.
eg: lets say in a few weeks Baldock, Wilson, Calde, Uwe, Crofts or any other 5 from the 24 might not be making the 18. or Skalak, Goldson, Lua Lua etc.

This doesn't mean they're OFF. This doesn't mean they're not needed. This doesn't mean they're out of favour. This doesn't mean they're GONE. This doesn't mean we should "Send them back".
This means we have a strong squad with 2 players for every position which is what you need to get promoted. And that 22 or 23 etc doesn't fit into 18.
Most sensible post on this thread amongst a lot of drivel

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Does anyone else think that there is more in this with Wilson being absent. I said it earlier he was down to play on Sat with his kit even being laid out in the changing room , for then suddenly to not be included in the squad at all . Just seems odd to me

I would not be surprised to hear the lad has picked up a virus, he certainly doesn't look the same since his two opening games for us..

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I would not be surprised to hear the lad has picked up a virus, he certainly doesn't look the same since his two opening games for us..

Or he could simply be recovering from a minor groin injury picked up in training.
Which is what it actually is. And the club have confirmed over and over and over.
And Hughton now has Baldock fit and was playing 4-5-1 last night so didn't need to rush him back.

Why is it always assumed club is lying about injuries.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Or he could simply be recovering from a minor groin injury picked up in training.
Which is what it actually is. And the club have confirmed over and over and over.
And Hughton now has Baldock fit and was playing 4-5-1 last night so didn't need to rush him back.

I am not saying the club are lying or that he does not have a minor groin strain, but it has been reported that he has also been ill and seen throwing up on the pitch. All I am saying is, since that was reported, IMHO he does not seem to have the same stamina that was first seen in his first games. Can you get off your high horse now.

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The more options the better. I think Wilson is the best striker we have overall and is definitely worth keeping at all costs. Just cos we won a few games without him starting doesn't mean we don't need him - some posters are using stereotypical NSC thinking here...

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I am not saying the club are lying or that he does not have a minor groin strain, but it has been reported that he has also been ill and seen throwing up on the pitch.

You are saying that he's not playing because he has a virus. The club are saying he's not in the squad because he's recovering from a minor groin injury.
So you're contradicting them.

Wilson was sick on the pitch. 7 weeks ago now. Before the game against Wolves. Thats quite a virus if he's still got it.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
You are saying that he's not playing because he has a virus. The club are saying he's not in the squad because he's recovering from a minor groin injury.
So you're contradicting them.

Wilson was sick on the pitch. 7 weeks ago now. Before the game against Wolves. Thats quite a virus if he's still got it.

Ok you read it how you want to. Please highlight the part of my post where I am saying he is not actually playing because he has a virus, but for my information and with your medical knowledge how long can someone have a virus? .

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

The club are very careful with what they disclose - it's not necessarily 'lying' but they do and always have withheld some of the truth - all clubs do it - it protects you from rival teams knowing everything. You can lap up the spiel they want you to take as gospel all you like - you're the clubs dream taking everything at face value! Doesn't mean others have to - we've seen it all before...

PS - Not saying it isn't just a groin strain - I'm sure it is - but there can sometimes be more to a story...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here