Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We need a flock of (inflatable) seagulls ready to greet the invasion of (inflatable) haddock

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Would be brilliant if the seagulls that lurk on the Amex roof were to mistake inflatable haddock for real ones. Swoop, my beauties! SWOOP!
Not at the start of the game when the flame throwers are going. Roast seagull, anyone?

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
This. Loads of them up there. I have a feeling that many of them came from the Gulls Eye coach. @Lenny Rider am I remembering correctly? If so did you have anything else inflatable on there ???
34 years ago, believe or not. We had some VHS videos that now have a world wide ban, frying pans and farm animals, enough said.

One of my entrepreneurial associates has already looked at prices of the aforementioned Seagulls this very morning, however I would imagine the club wouldn’t let anyone sell them anywhere near the stadium?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Just another thing for Barber to ban.

Barber OUT
Indeed, l mean if he bans bottle tops then surely haddock, (inflatable or otherwise), should fall foul of the same criteria?

I certainly wouldn't want to be slapped around the face with a wet fish . . . cue an avalanche of Monty Python jokes.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Our Paul will just insist that any inflatable seagulls bought in have to have the cap from the inflating tube removed before they're allowed in

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I like this comment from the Grimsby forum:

Screenshot 2023-03-02 17.21.28.png

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
In related news, listening to 5Live whilst out surveying the frozen tundra of the South Downs earlier this morning, by all accounts Southampton banned the inflatable haddocks initially, but reversed the decision and allowed Grimsby fans to take them along last night.
Common sense prewhaled.

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
Grimsby's inflatable haddocks are one of the great sights of English football and for me is a perfect antidote to stupid feckers like Palace's Holmesdale Fanatics in their black hoodies pretending to be ultras. The only issue I have is that the inflatable seagulls available for sale are rubbish. How quick can Barber commission one in the shape of our badge's seagull?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
T
To be fair, that was actually on my mind.

Even if you swerve tax dodging Amazon, you are still likely to be buying something deeply usustainable made in human-rights-abusing China.

We can't help being Brighton.
I wasn't going to bother, but you do make a strong argument to join in the fun.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Would be brilliant if the seagulls that lurk on the Amex roof were to mistake inflatable haddock for real ones. Swoop, my beauties! SWOOP!
Good grief - What an inhospitable attitude to our away fans!

We should be handing out complimentary bags of lovely hot chips to every Grimsby fan to enjoy while they sit and watch the game 🙂
A3EF1457-4471-4A8A-BD0B-E6510C4613A6.jpeg

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here