Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "We made them look like ****ing Real Madrid"

It's because some grown adults can't help acting like primary kids when someone says something that they don't like about their team. Hive mentality, some never grow out of it.

The scouse accent mockery was fair play though.

Oh come on, its been banter for a long time. Trying to normalise people being this big as part of society is not on. They need encouraging to be fit and healthy, for their own sake and our NHS sake.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Because lazy arses like her are one of the biggest burdens on the NHS. Cannot stand fat lazy people. Why should we pay for their health care when all they care about is when their next meal is due.

Oh come on, its been banter for a long time. Trying to normalise people being this big as part of society is not on. They need encouraging to be fit and healthy, for their own sake and our NHS sake.

Aside from her nonsense about football you really know nothing about this woman or her life situation.

Judge her for the idiocy of her opinion about football but IMHO you have overstepped the mark and as much as people's weight may be a burden on the NHS this kind of judgmental bullshit dished out on people without the first clue of their life situation is as much of a burden on our society.

Just more divisive shit.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Aside from her nonsense about football you really know nothing about this woman or her life situation.

Judge her for the idiocy of her opinion about football but IMHO you have overstepped the mark and as much as people's weight may be a burden on the NHS this kind of judgmental bullshit dished out on people without the first clue of their life situation is as much of a burden on our society.

Just more divisive shit.

Cor blimey! Talk about woke! I bet you’re a fully paid up member of the anti-growth coalition too! That Truss woman will be after you!

Nice to see something reasonable on here:thumbsup::thumbsup:

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
This thread seems to have gotten rather off topic although we’re at least all agreeing she’s an idiot. That said lately we ARE playing a BIT like Real Madrid and that’s nothing to do with Liverpool.

On the other topic, if people insult someone for their race it seems idiotic as we first can’t choose our race and second I can’t see any negatives to do with a particular race? If people insult someone for their sexuality it seems idiotic as we first can’t choose our sexuality and second I can’t see any negatives to do with a particular sexuality? However fat people (not with a medical condition who are slightly large) CAN choose to be slimmer if not lazy even if eating cheap food AND are lots of negatives including for taxpayers and NHS but also for themselves.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Brighton would have a pretty decent chance against Real Madrid, but I'm not sure this woman is in a position to take any credit from it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
She’s a few years too late with that comparison. Something very similar was said by a Peterborough fan after the Nightmare on London Road game under Poyet

We’re ****ing brilliant :lolol:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
This thread seems to have gotten rather off topic although we’re at least all agreeing she’s an idiot. That said lately we ARE playing a BIT like Real Madrid and that’s nothing to do with Liverpool.

On the other topic, if people insult someone for their race it seems idiotic as we first can’t choose our race and second I can’t see any negatives to do with a particular race? If people insult someone for their sexuality it seems idiotic as we first can’t choose our sexuality and second I can’t see any negatives to do with a particular sexuality? However fat people (not with a medical condition who are slightly large) CAN choose to be slimmer if not lazy even if eating cheap food AND are lots of negatives including for taxpayers and NHS but also for themselves.

You would have to go some way to prove to me that it was as simple as 'choosing'. I don't think this over-simplistic viewpoint takes into account all the factors that can affect someone's weight gain.

Until one knows the reasons behind people's 'choices' I am going to stick to not judging people too harshly.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
Let me try to educate you all. This young person is a classic case of Plasticus Maximum Simplicatus and should not be vilified for their glory hunting related issues here or on any form of social media. Common symptoms are; a belief that only games against the other big six are proper football matches, all the other 14 teams are "the worse team in the league" and that they deserve at least one trophy every season by right alone, simply for existing.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
The way she says ‘Brighton’ is really cringey and arrogant. Knows very little about football and clearly a plastic southerner. Not sure if she meant we’re one of the worst teams in the league or they played like one of the worst teams in the league. Either way, shocking interview and person to interview.

And yes, don’t fat shame her - just call her a dick - not a chunky dick or whatever you want to use.

Listening back, it's: "playing like one of the worst teams in the league" as opposed to "playing, like, one of the worst teams in the league". Neither statement is true, obviously.

Commenting on her appearance is pathetic, IMO. So is – controversially – mocking her accent. I know several 'proper' fans of PL teams (including Liverpool) whose voices sound nothing like those in the area of said teams. Granted, she COULD just be plastic scouser, but she could also just be a deluded one who has followed them all her life :shrug:

Never judge a book by it's cover and all that...

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Because lazy arses like her are one of the biggest burdens on the NHS. Cannot stand fat lazy people. Why should we pay for their health care when all they care about is when their next meal is due.

So are people who smoke or drink too much. And yet excess alcohol consumption is something that is celebrated on many occasions! People have addictions to all sorts of things. Unlike alcohol and nicotine, food is a 'drug' that people can't live without...

Just out of interest, what's her medical background? How much of the NHS' resources has she used in her lifetime?

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Listening back, it's: "playing like one of the worst teams in the league" as opposed to "playing, like, one of the worst teams in the league". Neither statement is true, obviously.

Commenting on her appearance is pathetic, IMO. So is – controversially – mocking her accent. I know several 'proper' fans of PL teams (including Liverpool) whose voices sound nothing like those in the area of said teams. Granted, she COULD just be plastic scouser, but she could also just be a deluded one who has followed them all her life :shrug:

Never judge a book by it's cover and all that...

She could have been born within 100yds of Anfield to a family of scousers who've all supported Liverpool since 1892 for all anybody on here knows.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

You say she is overweight. Yes, that appears to be so, and then you say she is lazy when you know nothing about her. Excessive weight can be a problem for people with medical problems. I can remember some very nasty comments about an Albion fan, and her weight, which soon stopped when she died of a brain tumour before middle age.

I've seen some of you posters at football and your beer bellies. You aren't all anonymous,

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
She could have been born within 100yds of Anfield to a family of scousers who've all supported Liverpool since 1892 for all anybody on here knows.

Exactly! (said in the Milk/Ian Rush/Accrington Stanley advert voice)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm afraid I made a derogatory comment about her weight, later edited to something slightly less derogatory, and accept that this was not appropriate. A lazy trope, as lazy as the person's comments. Those who are continuing to defend similar fat shaming need to step back and give their head a wobble. I have left my 'big boned' comment as a reminder to myself about contrition.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Just an idiot, simple as. Liverpool have been dog shit for the last 30 years. They have only recently been classed as good. She must be a new supporter. Probably doesn't even know who there manager was before Klopp.

I would never use the phrase 'We should be beating teams like" purely because it's just 11 men, running around kicking a ball.. Shit happens.

She does also need to know that Brighton have made a lot of "the top 6" teams look sh1t over the last few years, including her beloved Liverpool. It does piss me off seeing interviews like that though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here