Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

we HAVE held talks with

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Yes he did say that. It could mean that Clement has proved himself as a coach and now deserves a chance as manager. That way we keep our beloved Nathan as coach.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Bloom confirmed in his interview that they are hiring a 'manager' and not a 'first team coach'.

But if they hire Clement, they are not hiring a "manager" are they, because he has never managed. They are hiring a man they "hope" can be a manager who is in fact a coach. If you want a "manager" then surely you would look to hire someone who has managed a club and players and experinced with signings. I wouldn't imagine Paul Clement has been involved in signing many players and speaking to them....but then that's Burke's job isn't it???

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Sherwood was interviewed before his appearance on "Goals on Sunday" however the board do not believe his "Character" fits with the club and chose not to persue any further. Clement is in advanced talks which are on hold whilst the CL Final is played and he has a short break with the family after the end of the season. As for Hughton, it's highly unlikely.

That sounds plausible, however your next post ....

I don't quite understand the urgency of hiring the new manager, very soon all of the players will embark on their summer holidays & world cup duties. The team manager / head coach is present to take training, prepare for matches etc. It is very clear that in regards to player retention and recruitment that the club are pressing forward. Dave Burke is in firm control as shown with Toko Nzuzi. Mid June is when all will be confirmed...

Is not true. If a manager has a say in players he wants he has to be hired, and players plus their agents will want to know who the boss is. Having said that, I'm in no tearing hurry, I want the right man chosen

Kikikaikai

Charlatan?
May 20, 2014
Brighton
That sounds plausible, however your next post ....

Is not true. If a manager has a say in players he wants he has to be hired, and players plus their agents will want to know who the boss is. Having said that, I'm in no tearing hurry, I want the right man chosen

I'm not saying that the manager/coach will have no say whatsoever, what i am saying is that the club is still moving forward, pressing on with much needed signings. Perhaps the deal is already done with Clement and new signings are being kept in the loop as to the future developments.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
I'm not saying that the manager/coach will have no say whatsoever, what i am saying is that the club is still moving forward, pressing on with much needed signings. Perhaps the deal is already done with Clement and new signings are being kept in the loop as to the future developments.

Hope you are correct on the last bit. If the new manager does not come in until mid June we will have a couple of weeks before pre season and I would say we need to have made in roads into the needed players by then. Not crucial to have all required on board but certainly enough to give the new manager time to work on systems. As it stands we have no RB, inexperienced LB and are short in other areas as well.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
An ex-work colleague of mine is now an executive taxi driver in Mainz, Germany, and he told me he picked up a Paul Barber from Finthen Airport, and drove him to the FSV Mainz 05 ground. My mate, being English and a taxi driver, joked with PB about nicking Mainz's manager, Christian Heidel, to be told it was early days ???

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
An ex-work colleague of mine is now an executive taxi driver in Mainz, Germany, and he told me he picked up a Paul Barber from Finthen Airport, and drove him to the FSV Mainz 05 ground. My mate, being English and a taxi driver, joked with PB about nicking Mainz's manager, Christian Heidel, to be told it was early days ???

So random it is quite a brilliant rumour

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Latest odds.
Next Permanent Brighton Manager
Next Permanent Manager Temporary, Interim or caretaker managers in charge for 10 competitive games will be deemed permanent and settled as a winner. Others on request.
Paul Clement 13/8
Chris Hughton 2/1
Neil Lennon 7/2
Tim Sherwood 4/1
Michael Appleton 10/1
Steve Clarke 16/1
Phil Neville 18/1
René Meulensteen 18/1
Malky MacKay 20/1
Roberto Di Matteo 25/1
Jamie Carragher 33/1
Nathan Jones 33/1
Pepe Mel 33/1
Alan Curbishley 33/1
Neil Warnock 33/1
Gianfranco Zola 33/1
Owen Coyle 33/1
Gareth Southgate 33/1
Darren Ferguson 33/1
Billy Davies 40/1
Eddie Howe 40/1
Chris Powell 40/1
Paulo Di Canio 40/1
Michael Laudrup 40/1
David Moyes 40/1
Paul Lambert 40/1
Dennis Wise 50/1
Inigo Calderon 66/1

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I can imagine the look on peoples faces at the interview, as they are told,,"don't worry about the time scale, you won't miss out on players. David is out seeing what he can do atm"..........prospective man get's his coat.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Why does mike Appleton keep appearing in the list of posable candidates every time a job becomes available he has got to be one of the worst candidates around has he had any success at any club he has been at?

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing

That's got be worth putting a fiver on, just to get him in the top 10 in the latest odds chart !!

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton

Now THAT is what NSC is for. I don't care if it's true but it's such a wonderful left field rumour that if it comes to pass you deserve the highest NSC accolade.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Now THAT is what NSC is for. I don't care if it's true but it's such a wonderful left field rumour that if it comes to pass you deserve the highest NSC accolade.
It's a creative one, but let down by lack of research unfortunately, in that Mainz just appointed a new manager this month after the departure of the guy behind their success in recent years, Thomas Tuchel. And it isn't this Christian Heidel fella, whoever he is.

The aforementioned Tuchel, by the way would be an incredible appointment, but is understandably being courted by much bigger top flight clubs around Europe. Think he's keen to take a year out also.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here