Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

we HAVE held talks with

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I'm pretty sure that nobody has been interviewed.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It is a little odd that there have been no external managerial signings yet.

Spurs, WBA and us all knew we wouldn't be starting next season with the same manager.
All must have had a short list, it's not like the last short list for any club is covered in dust, and yet the silence is deafening.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It is a little odd that there have been no external managerial signings yet.

Spurs, WBA and us all knew we wouldn't be starting next season with the same manager.
All must have had a short list, it's not like the last short list for any club is covered in dust, and yet the silence is deafening.

It's difficult. I was hoping that the two Premier League clubs would make their choice quickly, then ours would become the top vacancy available. It may be that the candidates for our job are hoping for a dart at the one in West Bromwich too. In some ways it may be better to wait for that one to fill. But then the Southampton job could become available...

It's a relief that it is happening now, as we have some time on our hands.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
They probably ask what the policy is on signings and that's where the talks break down...No manager worth his salt would work under someone else having the call on signings...So we will probably end up with a yes man.

Kikikaikai

Charlatan?
May 20, 2014
Brighton
Sherwood was interviewed before his appearance on "Goals on Sunday" however the board do not believe his "Character" fits with the club and chose not to persue any further. Clement is in advanced talks which are on hold whilst the CL Final is played and he has a short break with the family after the end of the season. As for Hughton, it's highly unlikely.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Sherwood was interviewed before his appearance on "Goals on Sunday" however the board do not believe his "Character" fits with the club and chose not to persue any further. Clement is in advanced talks which are on hold whilst the CL Final is played and he has a short break with the family after the end of the season. As for Hughton, it's highly unlikely.

I don't like the sound of "short break with the family" - don't want this to drag on if he's the man we're going for.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

20110202-wing-sauce-primary-thumb-500xauto-137635.jpg

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It's difficult. I was hoping that the two Premier League clubs would make their choice quickly, then ours would become the top vacancy available. It may be that the candidates for our job are hoping for a dart at the one in West Bromwich too. In some ways it may be better to wait for that one to fill. But then the Southampton job could become available...

It's a relief that it is happening now, as we have some time on our hands.

Steve Clarke and Paul Clement are two that are highly unlikely to be looking at WBA. A result given that the former would be my choice and the latter may well be the club's. I would have thought both Hughton and Mackay would be sniffing round WBA like a dog on heat but neither of those two are actually likely to end up here.

Kikikaikai

Charlatan?
May 20, 2014
Brighton
I don't quite understand the urgency of hiring the new manager, very soon all of the players will embark on their summer holidays & world cup duties. The team manager / head coach is present to take training, prepare for matches etc. It is very clear that in regards to player retention and recruitment that the club are pressing forward. Dave Burke is in firm control as shown with Toko Nzuzi. Mid June is when all will be confirmed...

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
I don't quite understand the urgency of hiring the new manager, very soon all of the players will embark on their summer holidays & world cup duties. The team manager / head coach is present to take training, prepare for matches etc. It is very clear that in regards to player retention and recruitment that the club are pressing forward. Dave Burke is in firm control as shown with Toko Nzuzi. Mid June is when all will be confirmed...

If as we are lead to believe the manager has the final say in all signings than surely he needs to be on board soon since we have a large rebuilding job on our hands with 8 players needed. Not sure I would be happy with holding off until mid june

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Still a bit concerned that we are going down the "coach" route rather than manager. Implies to me that players are chosen and bought to a formula and style based on price rather than on a squad chosen to win promotion.

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea

A lot of players are unlikely to sign for a club without knowing who the manager is

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Still a bit concerned that we are going down the "coach" route rather than manager. Implies to me that players are chosen and bought to a formula and style based on price rather than on a squad chosen to win promotion.

Finaly you wake up and smell the coffee

Kikikaikai

Charlatan?
May 20, 2014
Brighton

Isn't that what Bloom's business is, buying and selling formula's?

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
A lot of players are unlikely to sign for a club without knowing who the manager is

Indeed. Burke and his team can do all the work they want but surely a player will want to speak to the manager/head coach to see how they plan to play and where said player will fit into those plans. If you have choices I am not sure you will sign for a club with no manager. Mid June may be okay if you need to add one or two to your squad but even that 2/3 week delay could be crucial when you are looking at possibly 8 players

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here