Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"We have got a manager here now who is as good if not better than both of (Poyet + Oscar)"

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I'm slightly baffled why people automatically assume that GG is towing the line and isn't capable of his own thoughts or opinions, purely because it goes against the general consensus.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Not really, anyone who knows me knows I'd rather have a drink than a fight, so if Bold Seagull wants to vent his spleen and share his opinion, we are there from 1pm.

You'll soon regret that offer as it's looking like I'll have the wife, my 3 kids and my parents in tow!! :albion2:

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Fair enough. I suppose it is just the amount of people reacting this way that makes it seem so extreme.

I guess we are all just a bit grumpy when our football team is doing badly.

Pantani there's doing badly, and as Lincoln Imp so rightly put it 'shooting yourself in the foot with a machine gun'

Apparently my reference to Nazi Germany might have put a few hackles up, so apologies if anyone was offended.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
But results aside we don't know how the 3 men compared doing their jobs.

Maybe GG didn't enjoy the daily floggings like a pit pony (if that is to be believed).
Therefore in GG's eyes Sami is the better man.

Maybe GG didn't enjoy the daily hissy fits.
Therefore Sami is the better man.

Sami as a player is likely to have been idolised by GG.
Therefore Sami is the better man.

To my knowledge nobody asked GG if his character assessment was solely based on wins.

GG supposedly fell out with GP after questioning his judgement when we got gubbed six-zip at West Ham.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
You'll soon regret that offer as it's looking like I'll have the wife, my 3 kids and my parents in tow!! :albion2:

Not really only sounds like 7 drinks, I'm more concerned that your inflicting the Albion on your kids at Xmas, people have phoned Childline for less.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
GG supposedly fell out with GP after questioning his judgement when we got gubbed six-zip at West Ham.
I'm sure there are 101 other personal reasons for GG to make sure a comment.

I also think until GG finally suffers from 'never meet your hero's', there's something in that too.

Not to mention CURRENTLY Sami is the boss and GG is a professional.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Not really only sounds like 7 drinks, I'm more concerned that your inflicting the Albion on your kids at Xmas, people have phoned Childline for less.

You might be right. Although two of them played football with Calderon at Westow's on Wednesday night who was in there with his son. With all this other stuff going on, they were just made up that he joined in their informal little kick about - he really is a top guy. Makes you remember what a football club is all about, they'll be wanting him to start though as they'll be even more upset if he isn't.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
And you are?

Exactly faceless keyboard warrior, if you that opinionated and want to take issue, Boxing Day West Stand Corporate Box Number 3, got my name outside so don't worry about knocking come straight in.

Oh, get you.
Never see your face during the good times, Harty.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Pantani there's doing badly, and as Lincoln Imp so rightly put it 'shooting yourself in the foot with a machine gun'

Apparently my reference to Nazi Germany might have put a few hackles up, so apologies if anyone was offended.

You seem to be making a habit of having to apologise on here. Maybe if you're really not enjoying the Albion experience, as you quite clearly say, you should have a break from it (and NSC)?

FWIW, I don't have a problem with the article - none of us see what goes on at training, or how Sami interacts with his captain. Some people are coming out with some funny old statements and opinions at the moment. I've not been around NSC when the club has been on a bad run - it's quite an eye-opener...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Oh, get you.
Never see your face during the good times, Harty.

You would not believe this guy is fifty would you. He's acting like a child. And comparing Gordon Greer to nazi Germany is offensive to our captain. It's not so much the mentioning of Germany more for implying he is following orders from above. This is without foundation. This said, the Frau is half-German. I might send her down to Harty's box for a 'drink'.....he might need the services of his own company.

Last edited:

And you are?

Exactly faceless keyboard warrior, if you that opinionated and want to take issue, Boxing Day West Stand Corporate Box Number 3, got my name outside so don't worry about knocking come straight in.
I may pop up myself and sort you out.....................with a pint lad. You are a legend in my eyes. I may be an older timer, but I will never forget THE war years.

That's it, love in over:)

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Good for Gordon. I might be the only one who agrees with him and I couldn't give a damn. For me, I'm far far more concerned that it appears the clubs fan base, or perhaps only the needy (I hope) somehow throw themselves at the feet of a Judas ex-manager who cared nothing more for this club than to use it as a stepping stone for his own ego driven ambitions. Yes he was successful in the lower leagues with the major boost of TB's interest in the club.
Sami has had a dire run of results and I'm as disappointed as most. But have I once heard him blame anyone or anything for the position he finds himself in ...no.
Frankly, I'd like to say I I'd react the same way, but I'm not that kind. I'd probably be blaming the tools I'd been given to do the job.
I have been in despair at the consistently poor performances of our recruitment team. For the past two years I've seen a string of underperforming benchwarmers being paid Christ knows much, the more this happens the less chance or dosh available for suitable (quality) players.... a whole string of opportunities to sign good players because other clubs have put their money where their mouths are and Gazumped us. To name just one (of many) the Stephen Ward business!
I can't attach any blame for that to Sami, and if you guys feel Pizzed off, imagine how he feels!
PUT THE MANAGER IN CHARGE OF RECRUITMENT....Tony.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I have been in despair at the consistently poor performances of our recruitment team. For the past two years I've seen a string of underperforming benchwarmers being paid Christ knows much, the more this happens the less chance or dosh available for suitable (quality) players.... a whole string of opportunities to sign good players because other clubs have put their money where their mouths are and Gazumped us. To name just one (of many) the Stephen Ward business!
I can't attach any blame for that to Sami, and if you guys feel Pizzed off, imagine how he feels!
PUT THE MANAGER IN CHARGE OF RECRUITMENT....Tony.

You mean the underperforming benchwarmers that took us to 6th place and the play-offs?
Poyet was 'in charge' of recruitment but he still signed: Romain Vincelot, Christian Baz, Agustien Battiepiedi, Ryan Harley etc etc
Hyypia can't even control the performance side of things and now you want to give him MORE responsibility?! Jeez.

"Well, Mr Osborne, you've been a waste-of-oxygen as chancellor so what we think is best to do is to remove you from that position...and put you in charge of the country."
:wozza:

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
You mean the underperforming benchwarmers that took us to 6th place and the play-offs?
Poyet was 'in charge' of recruitment but he still signed: Romain Vincelot, Christian Baz, Agustien Battiepiedi, Ryan Harley etc etc
Hyypia can't even control the performance side of things and now you want to give him MORE responsibility?! Jeez.

"Well, Mr Osborne, you've been a waste-of-oxygen as chancellor so what we think is best to do is to remove you from that position...and put you in charge of the country."
:wozza:

:lolol: Well I'm pretty sure I couldn't do a worse job than Osborne, so I'll accept that offer...thanks.:kiss:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here