Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"We have got a manager here now who is as good if not better than both of (Poyet + Oscar)"

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
I may pop up myself and sort you out.....................with a pint lad. You are a legend in my eyes. I may be an older timer, but I will never forget THE war years.

That's it, love in over:)

Me Too. I cannot be having this. Harty put himself front and centre during difficult times and has been nothing but a passionate advocate of this club and it's supporters. His recent posts have been a bit near the knuckle but he recognises a growing malaise and disconnect between fans and club which we can all trace back to the days running up to the Palace League Home Game.

When people make (sometimes illogical) references to things like Nazi's, similarities to the Bellotti years etc.., they are making them a) out of frustration and b) a desperation that the club should take it's head out of the sand and address some very obvious issues.

Look back at last night. Right from the off..."There are things we will not talk about". How on earth can stewarding, the team and recruitment be unrelated to the creation of a togetherness and onwards in the form of an atmosphere?

And we need to stop this negativity towards the supposed 'old guard' in any event. They have put in a shift and very often put their heads on legal blocks. I remember being a little bit jealous of how close they became to the club in the aftermath of Bellotti/Archer but nearly two decades on, the wisdom of age has made me appreciate those times and those people much much more. There endeth the sermon.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Total non story and I doubt Naylor's inflation of it sold even one extra copy of The Argus. :shrug:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
And you are?

Exactly faceless keyboard warrior, if you that opinionated and want to take issue, Boxing Day West Stand Corporate Box Number 3, got my name outside so don't worry about knocking come straight in.
Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!

Tell you what, you come round to the Family Stand, I'll be on the concourse by E1B, I'll actually buy you a Harvey's
Oh.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The biggest revelation for me is that it seems anyone at all can just waltz into West Stand reception and up to Harty's private box.

I imagined there'd be some sort of security about this stuff.

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
The biggest revelation for me is that it seems anyone at all can just waltz into West Stand reception and up to Harty's private box.

especially with the number of people he keeps shouting out, sooner or later one will knock on his door meaning business.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Nope he wouldn't shaft a player like that

Maybe not that bluntly but not having 100% support of all the players would be referenced ad nauseam.

If it wasn't he wouldn't be doing his job.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

:lolol:

I think most of the NSC-ers should turn up claiming to be Bold Seagull......

Could be an interesting day.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's not just GG's judgement that is off - his hearing seems to be playing up too.

"I was at the game on Friday night and I heard a minority of fans turning against the manager," Scotland international Greer, who was forced to watch from the stands because of injury, added. (from http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30551771)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Which Naylor would write as 'Albion captain fails to back Sami'
He didn't have to say what he said though. He could have just said the players are responsible for missing all the chances they've had, and individual mistakes have cost them points, and said they were behind the manager etc. He certainly didn't need to say Sami was a better manager than Gus or Oscar.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Which Naylor would write as 'Albion captain fails to back Sami'

Actually EL P You are correct, reading the article again, Greer approached Naylor to spout all this on his own free will. So I accept Greer has said all this about his previous two managers without being pushed to say anything. Gone down in my estimation he has after those comments, as he could have supported Hyypia without comparison to two managers that he did very well playing under.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here