[Albion] We don't want to get carried away but...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Few weeks ago Norwich beat Man City and their forum would have been full of similar comments to this thread I'm sure. Then look what happened to them yesterday! Great result for us and enjoy it as much as you can but keep your expectations realistic please.

True.

Last Autumn we won three games in a row, and there was similar talk of qualifying for Europe.

Enjoy the victories, but temper the ambitions for a while. Winning is wonderful but winning consistency is better.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
According to fans who went to Chelsea last week, we were terrible there and could easily have lost 5-0.

I’ve heard it from someone ITK that Tony Bloom’s 5 year plan to reach the Champions League has set a goal of 11th-13th for this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Few weeks ago Norwich beat Man City and their forum would have been full of similar comments to this thread I'm sure. Then look what happened to them yesterday! Great result for us and enjoy it as much as you can but keep your expectations realistic please.

The difference is the numbers suggested Norwich were getting the rub of the green, particularly with every shot Pukki took hitting the back of the net. Their luck was always going to run out at some point.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
... Leicester and Palace are currently occupying 3rd and 4th respectively on 14 points. With the likes of Man United, Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal all dealing with their own issues, is this a season where we can aim higher than we have done before?

Just whisper it to your nearest and dearest this beautiful Sunday morning, post Spurs victory -
TOP 4 AND CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FOOTBALL AT THE AMEX UNDER SIR POTTER'S TUTELAGE IS WITHIN TOUCHING DISTANCE!.

'You may say that I'm a dreamer...'.

:bhasign:

P.s: As Rick James once said...

Football is all about dreaming mate.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
... Leicester and Palace are currently occupying 3rd and 4th respectively on 14 points. With the likes of Man United, Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal all dealing with their own issues, is this a season where we can aim higher than we have done before?

Just whisper it to your nearest and dearest this beautiful Sunday morning, post Spurs victory -
TOP 4 AND CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FOOTBALL AT THE AMEX UNDER SIR POTTER'S TUTELAGE IS WITHIN TOUCHING DISTANCE!.

I’m sure there were a few Norwich fans saying the same after they beat Man City.
Look what’s happened to them since ! One game at a time remains the best policy.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

This thinking makes a refreshing change from the white flag waving miserablists who have have been dragging NSC down recently.

Onwards and upwards.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

And keep them to yourself please if they are idiotic.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
We were brilliant yesterday and have played consistently well this season. That said before yesterday our points tally didn't reflect that. I think our final league position may well depend upon a 19 yr old! If Connolly proves to be the Irish Rooney as someone near me called him yesterday then we could get top 10. If he proves to be more human then mid table is more likely. I still worry we are light on strikers and goals will continue to be a problem. In fact we could still face a season of struggle if we cannot convert our chances as we did yesterday. What I do know for sure is that the international break couldn't be at a worse time and the next two games after it offer us a real chance to move up the table if yesterday is not a one off.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
According to fans who went to Chelsea last week, we were terrible there and could easily have lost 5-0.

I’ve heard it from someone ITK that Tony Bloom’s 5 year plan to reach the Champions League has set a goal of 11th-13th for this season.

We were not terrible at Chelsea-we had the same amount of possession as we had yesterday. Nowhere near the same level of performance but certainly not terrible.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
We’ve had five or six really good performances out of eight. That’s easily good enough to be looking at the top half of the table. I don’t think it’s getting carried away, just a reflection of what we’re seeing. I said 12th before the season but I’m delighted to say I was horribly wrong. We’re now looking at 7th-9th.

Oh dear oh dear.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
If we had lost yesterday we would be in (or just out of on goal difference) the bottom three. Thankfully we got 3 points and are now a game away from bottom 3. We have a decent chance against Everton. Hard to call Villa away. Anything can happen, but we simply need to keep clear of danger just now. Anything else is a little way off.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Even Tony Bloom has seriously lost the plot if he really thinks we will be playing Champions League football in five years time. What does he thinkl the likes of the two Manchester clubs, Liverpool, Tottenham, Arsenal, Chelsea et al will be doing between now and then, standing still? Plus of course there are the other wannabee Premier League clubs, all better than us at the moment, to consider.

No it won't happen. I'd be delighted to eat my house brick by brick if it did.

hoof hearted

Sep 14, 2019
It's probably the most competitive EPL ever, all the promoted teams are decent and on their day can be a handful for any otther team. I'd be happy with just avoiding relegation this season (though not leave it so close as last season!) and seeing the squad strengthen in the summer transfer window. Then hopefully push on for a mid-table place next season.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
All this says to me is maybe don't rush to start a thread after a shocking or brilliant performance. Yes we were part of a dog dirt game against Burnley and yes we ran a champions league finalist team ragged yesterday but neither are 'barometer' performances.

What TB has not done is make any ****ish public declarations. Its not rocket science, every top flight club or club aiming for the top flight will want progression. I'm happy for us to be seen as top flight furniture for the near future with a few big wins like yesterday to enjoy.

razer

Mar 10, 2019
Ormskirk, Lancashire
Beating Spurs and Watford is infinitely preferable to a Tuesday night draw at Rochdale or Barnsley. One place higher in the table each season will do for me until we can reach the top half consistently.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Unfortunately Brighton will always be one poor season away from relegation. There are only about 6-8 clubs which are permanent fixtures in the top flight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports