Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We are staying up...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Shame Northampton have a game in hand and a FAR better GD - until you see their run in:

Orient (a)
Scunny (h)
Hereford (h)
Franchise (h)
Leeds (a)

Crikey.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Shame Northampton have a game in hand and a FAR better GD - until you see their run in:

Orient (a)
Scunny (h)
Hereford (h)
Franchise (h)
Leeds (a)

Crikey.

Just have to hope Orient keep up their current good form. Other than that the only game that I can really see them getting anything from is Hereford.

At this time of this time of the season though, results don't always follow form/ league position (fortunately!)

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
on the bbc thing I had as to win are 2 home games and lose both away and had us staying up in 20th

20 Albion 48
21 Hpool 47
22Northampton 46
23 chelts 39
24 Heroford 37

HP Seagull

Sep 26, 2008
on the bbc thing I had as to win are 2 home games and lose both away and had us staying up in 20th

20 Albion 48
21 Hpool 47
22Northampton 46
23 chelts 39
24 Heroford 37

Does that not mean Hartlepool losing all their games?

I hope that happens mind!

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
We will finish above Northampton but obviously that wouldn't be enough, not sure on hartlepool or carlisle's remaining fixtures but hopefully a few tough games in there

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Remaining fixtures:

Northampton

Orient (a) Scunthorpe (h) Hereford (a) MK Dons (h) Leeds (a)

Carlisle

Swindon (h) Cheltenham (a) Millwall (h)

Hartlepool

Yeovil (a) Leeds (h) Bristol Rs (a)

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
We all recognise that our club's toilet, mate. But some of us believe we can stay up. Where there's hope and all that ;)

Actually, I'm not sure "we" do. Some of us put our cocks on the block many games ago and said we're going down. That assessment was based on factual evidence e.g. we needed to string a run of games together but haven't (and still haven't to date). But have declared our position, we all got abuse for being defeatist (or as I'd argue, realistic). But now, with relegation fast becoming said reality, it seems a lot of fans are getting the hump because me and the Nostradamus club called it right. Well, at least those who haven't conveniently changed tact. But it's not our fault we assessed the situation better than others - you had the same evidence as we did to assess!! Of course we all HOPE that relegation won't happen - but that goes without saying doesn't it? It's what you actually THINK will happen - and that's completely different, but what I debated from the beginning.

HP Seagull

Sep 26, 2008
Actually, I'm not sure "we" do. Some of us put our cocks on the block many games ago and said we're going down. That assessment was based on factual evidence e.g. we needed to string a run of games together but haven't (and still haven't to date). But have declared our position, we all got abuse for being defeatist (or as I'd argue, realistic). But now, with relegation fast becoming said reality, it seems a lot of fans are getting the hump because me and the Nostradamus club called it right. Well, at least those who haven't conveniently changed tact. But it's not our fault we assessed the situation better than others - you had the same evidence as we did to assess!! Of course we all HOPE that relegation won't happen - but that goes without saying doesn't it? It's what you actually THINK will happen - and that's completely different, but what I debated from the beginning.

Relegation's not fast becoming a reality though is it? I would argue that after yesterday we are now in the best position we have been in in weeks.

Last edited:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Relegation's not fast becoming a reality though is it? I would argue that after Saturday we are now in the best position we have been in in weeks.

I wouldn't agree. Everyone gets excited about a win, but the evidence is that we'll lose the next. We're incapable of going on an undefeated run of more than 1. Which isn't technically a run is it? Then factor in the goal difference, and not forgetting we hardly have any games left to pull ourselves out of the more, plus the probable need to win (not even draw) what's left and, well, you can see why I think we're down. I hope we're not. I think we are......the table doesn't lie unless you're an Albion fan it seems?:lolol:

HP Seagull

Sep 26, 2008
I wouldn't agree. Everyone gets excited about a win, but the evidence is that we'll lose the next. We're incapable of going on an undefeated run of more than 1. Which isn't technically a run is it? Then factor in the goal difference, and not forgetting we hardly have any games left to pull ourselves out of the more, plus the probable need to win (not even draw) what's left and, well, you can see why I think we're down. I hope we're not. I think we are......the table doesn't lie unless you're an Albion fan it seems?:lolol:

:lolol: You might be right. Obviously I would rather we had more points on the board.

There is no doubt we have a mountain to climb and it will be a struggle. I take your point about us not seeming capable of winning more than one game at a time, but I honestly think we can win on Saturday, and if we do then there is a good chance the gap will be cut to one or two points. Add that to our game in hand and you can see why I still don't think it's over.

There is no doubt that Saturday is massive and we have to win.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

Sorry did you expect adulation because you may have correctly guessed we were going down. I think most people think we are going down but it is bad enough thinking about it without people like you getting sanctimonious about how they predicted it weeks ago. Give yourself a pat on the back. The sad thing is I think some people on here want us to go down so they can get all high and mighty about how they predicted it weeks ago.

I assume if we do stay up (and I agree it is still unlikely) you will be happy to eat humble pie.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Sorry did you expect adulation because you may have correctly guessed we were going down. I think most people think we are going down but it is bad enough thinking about it without people like you getting sanctimonious about how they predicted it weeks ago. Give yourself a pat on the back. The sad thing is I think some people on here want us to go down so they can get all high and mighty about how they predicted it weeks ago.

I assume if we do stay up (and I agree it is still unlikely) you will be happy to eat humble pie.

Most people did not think we were going down, most people hoped we weren't going down. And my problem is that many people (with a similar tone as you) were abusive to the likes of me for saying we're down a while ago. And won't hesitate to be abusive if we don't go down. Then they're abusive because I've pointed out our assessment looks increasingly more likely. And finally we get abuse because they think we, as Albion supporters, actually want the club to go down for the sake of our own egos!! As if....:jester:

FFS, they say you can't win on NSC and you my friend are a classic example of this!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here