Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Watford & Newcastle ticket sales?

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Well there were lots of people criticising the pricing structure of the Newcastle game and saying we would be lucky to get 15k as it is on the TV. Unfortunately if we sell out it proves these people were wrong and barber would have set the prices in line with demand

Indeed and leaving said people with egg on their face... They will then look for something else to be negative about and stand on the old soap box whinging.

We've already sold over 20k and still selling well with well over a week to go. If by saying vicente might get 15 mins creates a demand for tickets then well done to the club and if that is really what makes you want to turn up at the Amex I'd take the money thank you very much, it's a bit like a lot of the new found fans, your money is as good as the next and if you are not really bothered about supporting the club then move along, there are now others waiting.

It is good times at the Albion and I won't let miserable cockjugglers spoil it for me.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Indeed and leaving said people with egg on their face... They will then look for something else to be negative about and stand on the old soap box whinging.

We've already sold over 20k and still selling well with well over a week to go. If by saying vicente might get 15 mins creates a demand for tickets then well done to the club and if that is really what makes you want to turn up at the Amex I'd take the money thank you very much, it's a bit like a lot of the new found fans, your money is as good as the next and if you are not really bothered about supporting the club then move along, there are now others waiting.

It is good times at the Albion and I won't let miserable cockjugglers spoil it for me.

just had to quote this to bring it back to the top of the page - partly because I enjoyed reading it so much and partly because it will piss a few people off mightily to have it pointed out that they were and are WRONG :lolol:

Johnnyboy

Sep 25, 2010
North Hampshire

Over 20k you say? Is that good? :)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
just had to quote this to bring it back to the top of the page - partly because I enjoyed reading it so much and partly because it will piss a few people off mightily to have it pointed out that they were and are WRONG :lolol:

Yes - this.

I think people have badly misjudged the appeal of the Newcastle game. Some of the doom-mongering on here is utterly laughable. Not only will the crowd be way higher than these people expect, it will actually be a bigger (actual) crowd than many league games. The '25,000' announced for a league game includes a load of no shows. Anyone who has bought a ticket for the Cup game is actually going to be there (bar a handfull of 1901s)

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
Yes - this.

I think people have badly misjudged the appeal of the Newcastle game. Some of the doom-mongering on here is utterly laughable. Not only will the crowd be way higher than these people expect, it will actually be a bigger (actual) crowd than many league games. The '25,000' announced for a league game includes a load of no shows. Anyone who has bought a ticket for the Cup game is actually going to be there (bar a handfull of 1901s)

Is "handful" the correct term for a collective of 1901ers ?

I am sure we can come up with something better than that.:D

11Wisemen

Jan 30, 2012
There are hundreds left for Newcastle - whole blocks in the East, but only singles left for Watford.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
There are hundreds left for Newcastle - whole blocks in the East, but only singles left for Watford.

There are 8 days to go before the Newcastle match but only one day before Watford.

If we win tomorrow then sales will take off. If Vicente is playing then sales will take off. If Pardew says they are taking the cup seriously and are playing their full first team (and if they win or score a netful again this weekend) then sales will take off.

Long way to go and lots of imponderables..........

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Inspired by this thread, I've just been arsed to put my front row WSU tickets into the exchange for tomorrow.

They show a status of 'returned'. However, if I go into the seating plan they are not showing for sale, although a single ticket in the same block currently is. Is the exchange currently active?

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
It's great news that the Watford tickets are now being sold on the exchange a good results tomorrow and against Ipswich will help sell any remaining tickets for Newcastle game. It will be great to have a full stadium for 2 televise games this will encourage more new surpporters to come along for a game in the future and help build our fan base. .:amex::albion2::bigwave::wave::clap::xmas::albion::albion2:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Pleased to hear Watford is nearly sold out.

Given the fact that people have had to fork out for Newcastle tickets, and that the game is on TV, it sounds like a reasonable attendance is actually in the offing. Particularly bearing in mind that most clubs, unless they're playing Man United, City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs or Liverpool) will see lower attendances for the FA Cup than league games, as people aren't that interested.

Anything over 20,000 is pretty decent in my book for a 3rd round game against a fairly average Premier League side (and one who we played last season)- and I can't help feeling that some people are secretly going to be disappointed if that turns out to be the case. Or will you be claiming that "only" 21,000 is an embarrassment, even if that eclipses all but a few other crowds in this round?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Given the fact that people have had to fork out for Newcastle tickets, and that the game is on TV, it sounds like a reasonable attendance is actually in the offing. Particularly bearing in mind that most clubs, unless they're playing Man United, City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs or Liverpool) will see lower attendances for the FA Cup than league games, as people aren't that interested.

Anything over 20,000 is pretty decent in my book for a 3rd round game against a fairly average Premier League side (and one who we played last season)- and I can't help feeling that some people are secretly going to be disappointed if that turns out to be the case. Or will you be claiming that "only" 21,000 is an embarrassment, even if that eclipses all but a few other crowds in this round?

Agree with all this, except the attendance won't be 21k. It will be over 25k for sure. And like I said, unlike the league 'attendances' it will be the ACTUAL gate, too.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Yep, I wasn't saying it would be nailed on 21,000, just that if it was, it would be more than acceptable, even if many people will try and claim otherwise.

There are going to be some seriously disappointed posters if that game gets even close to selling out, not because they're not going, but because it'll be a crushing realisation that as individuals, we're not nearly as crucial to the Albion as we like to believe we are.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

I wonder what the atmosphere will be like against Newcastle. My 4 mates sitting with me are not coming, and reading these threads a lot of ST's are staying away.
So there will be a lot coming for the first time. Also if you are not sitting with your usual fans the banter could be muted.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yep, I wasn't saying it would be nailed on 21,000, just that if it was, it would be more than acceptable, even if many people will try and claim otherwise.

Indeed. "Ha - only 23,800. Take THAT Barber, you greedy little prick!"

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I wonder what the atmosphere will be like against Newcastle. My 4 mates sitting with me are not coming, and reading these threads a lot of ST's are staying away.
So there will be a lot coming for the first time. Also if you are not sitting with your usual fans the banter could be muted.

That is what worries me (a bit). I said earlier that I'm responsible for eight ticket sales. None of us are STHs, indeed two are Amex virgins who aren't really even football fans but just want to come along to see what all the fuss is about. Who knows, they may become die-hard fans but I doubt it! Only two of us are what you might call semi-semi-regular. I don't think the atmosphere is going to be all that, and as we're in the East sadly I shall just be watching the football as opposed to supporting Brighton (yes, that's right I'll be sitting down!), so I won't be helping improve it either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here