Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Water at the Amex

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
If I take a lidless bottle of water in, can I refill anywhere? Are there water fountains or equivalent anywhere?

Thanks in advance

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Good question - I was planning on bringing my water bottle (made of metal with a screw lid) - it hadn't occurred to me that I may not be allowed to bring it in. Shirley when it's due to be 100f they will allow fans to bring water in?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Previously the concourse has had pints of tap water just lined up.

Saturday is going to be the hottest ever, pretty sure that'll happen again, as a bare minimum.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Good question - I was planning on bringing my water bottle (made of metal with a screw lid) - it hadn't occurred to me that I may not be allowed to bring it in. Shirley when it's due to be 100f they will allow fans to bring water in?

:laugh:

they search backpacks and take the caps off kid's drinks, 0 tolerance.

oddly they arent so carefull about louts with flares.

Jul 7, 2003
Any of the concourse outlets should give you a pint of tap water. Make sure you are specific as otherwise they try to sell you the bottled stuff

Pierre the Painter

May 20, 2020
Pretty certain you can legally ask them to top up you bottle free of charge at the bar with tap water.

Yes but can you take a bottle in. A full bottle of water is a potentially lethal weapon and can you trust 30,000 members of the audience to go the full 90 minutes without someone HURLING it onto the playing arena?

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I went to both Wimbledon and Lords. Lords has taps all round the ground and at Wimbledon they set up numerous tables dishing out bottled water. PB willing to do the same if you pay £10 to join the water club and are an Albion member.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I went to both Wimbledon and Lords. Lords has taps all round the ground and at Wimbledon they set up numerous tables dishing out bottled water. PB willing to do the same if you pay £10 to join the water club and are an Albion member.

Or alternatively there will be tap water freely available throughout but I guess that would be down to Mr Bloom.

Rambo

Don't Push me
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam

Only available to those with £25 smartphones.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

ccc533901ffd81cb1f526f6daab193d2.jpg

I wasn’t allowed to buy this before a game last season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Yes but can you take a bottle in. A full bottle of water is a potentially lethal weapon and can you trust 30,000 members of the audience to go the full 90 minutes without someone HURLING it onto the playing arena?

….:: Or hurl it from the WSU to WSL, etc. I’m sure I wouldn’t want to be on the receiving end of it.

If the club did relax its rules I’m sure some smart arse on here would then ask, why can you take a bottle in when it’s hot but not in the winter? Doesn’t it hurt so much in the winter?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
What is the actual policy?

I've not really paid attention to it because I live overseas and haven't been able to get back for a game for 3 years. However I'm back in Brighton for a holiday and am looking at getting a ticket for tomorrow's game. Are you allowed to bring in bottles of water just without the lid or are all bottles banned?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
What is the actual policy?

I've not really paid attention to it because I live overseas and haven't been able to get back for a game for 3 years. However I'm back in Brighton for a holiday and am looking at getting a ticket for tomorrow's game. Are you allowed to bring in bottles of water just without the lid or are all bottles banned?

Just the lid is banned. And I think the bottle can be no more than 500ml.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Thanks Acker.

500ml is quote small, can you bring in more than 1?

I don't think there's a limited number of bottles (I imagine a parent bringing a couple of kids might have a couple of bottles), but bags are limited to a4 size, so here's only so much you could carry, and I imagine carrying a more than a couple of lidless bottles would be quite difficult without spillage. But I'd imagine you'd be allowed to bring in two (leave the lids on until you get to the stadium, of course).

I'm pretty sure someone (bozza?) mentioned there being a water fountain in at least one stand, so refilling may be an option, but I've not seen the fountain myself so can't guarantee.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here