Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Was it right to clap Macca yesterday?

Was it okay to clap Macca before and end of match?

• Yes

Votes: 292 94.8%
  • No

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Meh

Votes: 12 3.9%

• Total voters

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Of our recent departures, I have a brief league table of clapping to complete indifference or booing. It's all theoretical though, as I rarely get to games these days.
Cucurella currently bottom, surely ? He got crucified throughout and then had the walk of shame in front the NS after he was subbed out his Solly-induced misery.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I would hope we’ve past that type of signing Murray apart all the old faces that have come back have hardly set the world on fire.
Zamora did pretty well, as did Sidwell. Croft may not have set the world on fire but he's obviously appreciated for his coaching abilities. Macca could see out his Liverpool contract and still be in his 20s, we may well be a decent option for him as a place to finish his career

I was surprised he didn't get a single boo, not even a few good natured panto ones! But don't begrudge him his lovefest

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
A very good player who did give his all, who won the world cup whilst with us and was modest and appreciative of the help we game him, well worth a clap :clap:

But legend ? On a pitch that had Dunk, Solly and Pascal ? Not for me :wink:
To me he'll always be a legend. Yes we've other great and possibly greater players but to have our midfielder creating chances and scoring goals and then lifting the greatest prize in world football, well that gave me the equivalent of the 'ready brek glow' for ages. I will always love the bloke.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Ali Mac was one of the good guys who really got us as a club, he clearly loved his time here and when the time was right for him to move on he did it in the right way after giving us everything. But there's no way I'm extending the same courtesy to the likes of Caicedo and Sanchez when they rock up.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I don’t get the hostility towards Caicedo. He signed a contract extension in February which he didn’t have to and that assisted the club when taking Chelsea’s pants down for £115 million.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Personally I enjoyed the moment and was fortunate to be there to say thank you

Jaxie

Dec 2, 2018
Far East (Sussex)
Yep. Won the World Cup while a Brighton player. Always put the effort in while here and never less than a 7. Didn’t act like a prat after the WC win ie. trying to force a move in January. Visibly upset to be leaving. Let’s be honest how many people believed he’d be here this season?

I don’t think it’s “small club mentality” to acknowledge we are not the same level as Liverpool/Man United/Man City for attracting the best players.

Personally I’m glad we got to see him here and he’s done enough to earn our respect.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Thought it was nice seeing him after the final whistle walking around with the Albion team, I clapped him then but I was also clapping our players.
Missed what happened before the match because I was late.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here