Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Was it right to clap Macca yesterday?

Was it okay to clap Macca before and end of match?

• Yes

Votes: 292 94.8%
  • No

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Meh

Votes: 12 3.9%

• Total voters

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Personally delighted to see him back at the Amex, and clearly RDZ happy to see him too, but appreciate other views are available as evidenced here
IMG_9588.jpeg

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Maybe a good servant to the club , if he thought that much of the club would not of put a cheap transfer fee into his contract ,
the club did as much for him as he did for us

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Terrific player for us and seems a decent fella, so yes of course.

Wasn't afraid to hack one or two down though was he?

I don't think he'll do much for Liverpool playing in that deeper lying position

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
Maybe a good servant to the club , if he thought that much of the club would not of put a cheap transfer fee into his contract ,
TBF it didn't look so cheap at the time. He was expected to be a bit-part player, at best, in an Argentina side that many doubted could win the world cup.

Then he then went on to be a star player in the Argentina side that won the world cup, which obviously made his value shoot up. But if that hadn't happened, selling him for around the same amount that we'd sold Bissouma for would have looked like a decent bit of business.

Midget

Concourse Kabe. *Posts may be affected by alcohol.
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
Yes as he played well for us and left in "the right way".

Just this time though, his first time back. Meh hereafter.

Unless he does something booable in a later game like cause one of ours an injury, in which case booooooo etc.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Personally delighted to see him back at the Amex, and clearly RDZ happy to see him too, but appreciate other views are available as evidenced here View attachment 167840
That's a Leeds fan attitude!

We're way down the football food chain. Good players will come and the bigger boys will start circling. You can't blame any player for wanting to better themselves by wanting to go to bigger clubs. Mac went about his transfer with dignity and respect for Brighton therefore nothing but respect from me.

Caceido on the other hand. f*** him!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Bought for £9m and sale price up to £55m seems a decent deal to me

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Of our recent departures, I have a brief league table of clapping to complete indifference or booing. It's all theoretical though, as I rarely get to games these days.

Ali Mac and big Dan Burn are table topping for clapping. Both parted on very good terms.
Sulky Trossard is firmly rooted at the bottom of the table and I'd happily join in any boos for him.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Or he could have not signed the new contract and would have left for even less this this past summer with just a year left on his previous deal. This was one occasion where both parties realised the benefit of a release clause/mechanism and it worked out well for all concerned.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here