Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

warren aspinall says murray deal close

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Look I remember the absolute bollocking you gave Muzza on here back in 2012. Has anyone actually interviewed the bloke himself?

I don't think I would want to come back to a club where (for instance) my photo has been used on the fans' site with the Albion captain (then and now) waving my head in the air like a trophy. And that was probably a pretty mild example.

I was at the Bees game where Murray was alleged to have insulted the away end. Wasn't there some talk on here about some fans giving him some stick over his personal life? Players may have no loyalty to clubs but their families are different.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Hey Icy. I'm sure you did but in 2011/12 it was pretty rare to hear that sort of stuff.
PS: i know its the argus. Different kind of comments over there of course but here's 50 or so comments when Murray's decision to turn down a contract was announced.
Full of anger at the club for not trying to keep him.
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/9040218.Murray_thanks_Albion_fans/

"We can replace him and probably with better"
"He will fail without Gus and the Albion."
"Unproven in the Championship joining a "team" struggling in the championship, massive gamble in my opinion."
"Misguided! The move shows that Murray lacks all footballing ambition. "
"I am not going to lose any sleep over a player who obviously did not want to play for us anymore"
"you need nippy skillful forwards in the championship that will take the one chance they may get, that was never GM."
"Whatever, He aint that good"
"We should use the money he would have had to help get LuaLua who is more of a player than Murray will ever be."
"Will Hoskins just signed so not such a bad day id say !!!!!"
"he is too slow and does not have the ball control for the Championship."

Shocking stuff.

You know what the Argus users are like though, and they shouldn't be used as a benchmark for football knowledge.

We started the Championship with 3 strikers. Two of them were new, Hoskins and CMS, but Hoskins got injured and we were left with 2.

It wasn't really a question of sacrificing Murray to get CMS. Logic says we should have kept Murray and still got CMS. That would have given us 4 strikers which is the bare minimum to start a Championship campaign.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Starts in the cup today.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
It is my club you clown, with out the fans there is no club.

Unless you own it, it isn't yours. It might be a club you support, but it isn't yours.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I keep hearing from fans who don't want Murray back that there are "better targets out there" but nobody seems willing to name them. So who is a realistic better target? I can't think of any except ones that Bloom is very unlikely to agree to pay for so they are not realistic.
Nobody had heard of Ulloa on here, but he was a great success for the money and gave the club a lot of money from his sale.

I would look at the European market again for value for money.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Nobody had heard of Ulloa on here, but he was a great success for the money and gave the club a lot of money from his sale.

I think one decent striker discovered over a five year period by a Championship club aiming to reach the Premier League is piss poor. I really doubt, given our track record and for the wages and transfer fees that we are willing to pay that we are going to do better than Glenn Murray on loan :shrug:

When we did find one we cashed in at the first opportunity and have made do with a pretty poor selection since, BZ excepted.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011

Not true someone recommended him way before he signed, but you are right in most didn't know about him.

string_bean

Dec 15, 2014
just wanted to say that there is a mistake in my 'Join Date' to the left, I actually joined this message board in 2002 and therefore am the overlord of NSC, ths also makes my opinion on the albion more valid than other peoples.

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
Murray was subbed today after 60 mins. Clearly he us out of favour with Howe and is a clear indication the loan deal is definately going to happen!!

Come home Glenn!!

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
It's in my heart it will always be my club you fool

It can be in your heart as long as you want, but you don't own it you prat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here