Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

warren aspinall says murray deal close

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Our scouting network might as well hold up a sign saying WE GIVE UP if all they can deliver is ****ing Murray :facepalm:

Hugh Jorgan

Jul 30, 2008
Brighton
You are welcome Hugh! :thumbsup:

On the other hand you came on here with a history of posting little and gave someone a 'grow up' comment. What did you really expect?

I didn't expect anything, I am bored of people moaning about Murray and other footballers moving for money reasons when 99% of the posters on here would do exactly the same in our own jobs. Murray was not born in Brighton did not support the club so why would he stay with us if he can earn more elsewhere. The "Palace mug" tag is what I expect to hear from a 15 year old, that is my opinion which I am free to voice, in the same way you are welcome to give your opinion on my post count ��

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Boy, that is a very very stupid thing to say. If he's the guy for the job and if he helps get us promoted who the hell cares which clubs he's played for in his career? As far as I'm concerned he could have been chairman of the Palace Supporters Club and it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference.

And the fact is that he left us for a lot more money which we stupidly were not prepared to match. Nearly everyone I know would change employers for a wacking great pay rise. I'm sure one reason Palace was an interesting option for him was because of their proximity and the fact that he did not have to uproot his family.

So personally I'd welcome Glenn back with open arms.

And another thing, we really do need to stop obsessing about Crystal Palace. A bit of friendly rivalry is fine, but some Seagulls supporters take things far far too seriously.
What a load of happy clapping bollocks.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
How can people be negative about someone who has scored goals everywhere he has been and who never should have left the club? If he had stayed ......

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
"Who's that man from Brighton Marina?
Who's that man we all adore?
Glenn Murray is his name
And he scores a goal a game
And we don't miss Ulloa any more."

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Fwiw - Murray would be a top signing even if only till the end of the season. You can't argue with the fact he scores goals and would be a major player for us

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
So long as he score goals for us that sends us up I couldn;t care what happened in the past. He could have played for Hitler's first XI for all I care.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
If Murray does return then I shall support him enthusiastically - and of course it is wholly understandable that he should go where the money and prospects are best - he's a professional after all. But there is also something unambitious and passionless about this prospective move and I really don't like it. I have no time for those who claim he would love to play for us again, as if it's all about finding his way back to his first love.... That's bull - it just business and nothing more - and for a passionate supporter like me, it would be a dispiriting development to re-sign a player whom the club 'gave away' five years ago.

Agreed. We need to be aiming higher in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, I'd get behind anybody playing in the blue and white stripes, but, this does seem to have an inkling of desperation about it.

In all honesty, I'd prefer us not to re-sign him.

Discodoktor

Apr 28, 2011
Guildford
Isn't this the 30 goal scorer we gave away for free to our arch rivals?
How much does he cost to loan?

The man that was at his peak age?
What age is he now?

The man that wanted 11k wages!
What's he on now?

Can not see this happening. I like Glen Murray I actually think this was our worst transfer since Dean Saunders. I think it possible cost us promotion and gave it to our arch rivals.

I can't see this happening and I think it should only happen on a free. But what do I care it's not my money.

D

Deleted member 22389

Hoping Eddie Howe's comments have put this idea to rest. I don't want to see him back. There are better targets out there.

I don't fancy the idea of him coming back either now. When he left and joined Palace that really pissed me off. Can't blame him for wanting a better deal, but Palace absolutely lapped this up, and I will never forget that goal against us either. One of those bad nights I would rather forget. I don't know, it just feels desperate to me. Think some things are just best leave alone.

Last edited by a moderator:

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
The key question fur me is whether he is still the same player. Is he fit and will he have the right attitude?

Let's hope so if he comes....

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Who cares, don't want this palace mug back at my club.

Mature comment.
Same reaction to those who could never come to terms with Coppell as our manager and still sing about it to this day. Still, I suppose you encounter ignorance in every walk of life, so why should NSC be any different. We have our fair share of knuckle dragging Neanderthals, the same as any other club.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
And another thing, we really do need to stop obsessing about Crystal Palace. A bit of friendly rivalry is fine, but some Seagulls supporters take things far far too seriously.

Ah that's another matter. You can't replace lack of free thought, intelligence and common sense. The moronic herd instinct prevails at all levels of football. Tribalism in its purest form.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here