Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Warp Records 20th Birthday 89-09

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Hate Kentish Town, near the Jobcentre. Looking to move to Dalston or Stoke Newington

Its all young kids round here wearing skinny jeans. all into indie (horrible trebly shit).
Wot happened man, when we were kids i was into (still am) future sounds, Electronic stuff, early British hip hop, Silver Bullet, Caveman, Hijack, Demon Boyz, Mc Duke ect etc.

'Bring Forth The Guillotine' was wicked! And MC Duke's 'Miracles' was brilliant. Used to love a lot of MC Mello's stuff, too.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
for the 303 sound i dont think acid junkies could be beaten , got both these tunes on vinyl
[yt]HGEe8sweL4A[/yt]

[yt]1oeHA1rNuSA[/yt]

I've got both those, too, plus the red-labelled 12" (166) and the one on yellow vinyl. DJAX is still one of my fave labels! Terrace were awesome, Like A Tim and Clementine (Luke Slater) :bowdown:

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
I've got both those, too, plus the red-labelled 12" (166) and the one on yellow vinyl. DJAX is still one of my fave labels! Terrace were awesome, Like A Tim and Clementine (Luke Slater) :bowdown:

yeh i think ive got about 30 odd on that label , used to love the coloured ones, mmm getting those home after a little trip to jellyjam . those were the days

DJB1975

Jul 9, 2009
London
yeh i think ive got about 30 odd on that label , used to love the coloured ones, mmm getting those home after a little trip to jellyjam . those were the days

I am just glad to be alive after living that, alot of my friends went nuts or killed themselves. Great days to be sure but their was a priced to be payed.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Not sure. I think some of the first stuff he released was on Brighton's Loaded records, though.

Great thread, a proper trip down memory lane!

Infonet was another great label for acid-tinged tracks - Sulphuric's 'Better Come Together' is amazing. I loved experimental stuff that mixed ambient sounds with mentally hard techno, too. Reload's 'Collection Of Short Stories' album always did it for me.

Attachments

• infonet R-36120-001.jpg
    infonet R-36120-001.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 37
  • R-68008-1171282797.jpeg
    R-68008-1171282797.jpeg
    140.1 KB · Views: 38

DJB1975

Jul 9, 2009
London
Used to love Underground Resistance, at one point i want to make babies with some of their ep's

Codebreaker EP
Death Star EP
Final Frontier EP
World 2 World EP (House Junkie used to start with this down Sterns for awile)
The Punisher EP

DJB1975

Jul 9, 2009
London
Acid Rain EP

THE LIGHTNING

THE STORM
THE WIND
THE RAIN
THE CLOUDS
THE FOG
THE LIGHT

Acid Rain Meteor Showers EP

SHADOW THE PROBE
PARTICLE SHOWER
CODE RED
ORBITALS IN MOTION

Last edited:

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
saw UR and spiral tribe in some warehouse in paris back in the day , now that was a mad party.

i have the riot ep by underground resistance some of that was very good.

how about industrial strength? got loads of that

mescailinium united one of the best tunes ever made in my opinion
[yt]BL5xh-wt3Vc[/yt]

DJB1975

Jul 9, 2009
London
I remember Lenny Dee playing this down Sterns and i didnt know wether i was going to heaven or HELL live or DIE:lol: The thing would just tear your headoff, :censored: hell

At that time i think it was the meanest most :censored: bonkers record i had ever heard, IT STILL COULD WELL BE.

Last edited:

DJB1975

Jul 9, 2009
London
saw UR and spiral tribe in some warehouse in paris back in the day , now that was a mad party.

i have the riot ep by underground resistance some of that was very good.

how about industrial strength? got loads of that

mescailinium united one of the best tunes ever made in my opinion
[yt]BL5xh-wt3Vc[/yt]

Nah this is the one mate. I would of loved to gone back to the 60's and played this down the UFO club and seen the look in their eyes. CALL THE DOCTOR :dance::dance::dance::dance:

Last edited:

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
actually this is prob the best tune EVER ever. if i lost this i would cry
[yt]fyoGyHgPm-g[/yt]

I've got that record, f***ing amazing. The acid on Dark Black Ominous Clouds is awesome :clap2:

Lenny Dee is ace, got a couple of white labels of his knocking around somewhere, I think they were on Sapho records in the UK.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Low is the album for me. Halfway through, he just goes off on an ambient binge, no vocals for about 5 tracks.

The second side of the album is heavily influenced by Brian Eno.....which explains the ambience. The first of the 'Berlin Trilogy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here