Warnock

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I don't get it. Of course he'd rather be playing a Premier League team than us. I don't think that's insulting??

Seems reasonable to me. I like Neil Warnock. He shafted Palace. What's not to like?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Christ he is a northerner so he would say that. Just like i will say i would rather go to west ham and ipswich than hartlepool and carfuckinlisle

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Christ he is a northerner so he would say that. Just like i will say i would rather go to west ham and ipswich than hartlepool and carfuckinlisle

Exactly. That's no insult to Hartlepool, it's just a fact. I bet Huddersfield would rather be going to Palace than Stevenage too.

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
Is that all? f*** me some people are being precious on here.

Quite. Just seen MOTD and thought I'd put it further in context, he said he'd rather be here than at Portsmouth or Brighton or any other club in the championship Sounded like he just wanted to say any clubs and Portsmouth and Brighton just came to mind first. It could have been any of the league. Just unfortunate that it was us that he quoted on the spot.

As I see it, he's just saying he'd rather be in the PL than the Chamionship.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
I must admit I would love to overhear a private conversation between Warnock, Cotterill and Poyet if it had happened in real life!

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
I don't get it. Of course he'd rather be playing a Premier League team than us. I don't think that's insulting??

Seems reasonable to me. I like Neil Warnock. He shafted Palace. What's not to like?

I think people took issue to the fact that we were one of the 2 named clubs. Not as if the Amex is the worst place to go is it? Selhurst Park on the other hand...

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Make the most of it then Neil because I can't see you being there for much longer

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
He's hardly said anything insulting. Just like the "Pompey Arrogance" thread, it seems that some people are getting worked up over nothing.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I bet he'd rather be managing us than QPR at the moment though?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
He's just saying that he'd rather be in the Prem than The Championship. Or making the point that he got QPR promoted to remind his bosses. My guess he'd been watching Sky to get results before they interviewed him and he'd just seen Brighton highlights or some chat about the result - so we were top of mind. Nothing more to it than that.

Here's the clip - comment near the end - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14518030.stm

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
I'm glad there are some more reasonable comments towards the end of this thread. as others have said, he always seems fairly sensible and always fairly complimentary towards Brighton. He was on 'Goals on sunday' With Dave Jones after the donny game and seemed pleased for us, It was Jones who couldn't bring himself to say anything good about us.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Who really cares? It was just an off the cuff comment. Nothing detrimental about us as a club at all, was it?

If I said I'd rather get beat in this league than in league 1, would that mean that I'm slagging off the division? Hardly..

Take a chill and enjoy our season and stop bleating about every comment made about us by anyone that's not a rival!

I don't get some people at times!!!

P.s At least we are on other peoples radar now... 2 years ago all others had forgotten that we even existed!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports