Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ward Off to Burnley?

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
....OR a PL team came in at the last minute, offered him a couple of grand extra a week and the chance to play against the best. Its a short career and as we know its "every players dream to play in the Premier League."

I don't think so because if that was the case I'm sure Ward would have just told the club that.

The report says he didn't show up so it sounds like he was pissed off with the club IMO.

Kenny Jackett has said many times that we made an approach then walked away for weeks with no further communication. All we did was hedge our bets and then fuc**d about so if we have lost him at the 11th hour it is our own fault for not being decisive earlier in the close season.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So is it likely he's def signing for Burnley then? Could end up doing a Clayton and still signing for us?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Reports are not always right though are they.
True
So either we have let our first choice slip from our grasp, despite relationship with player and agent and three months to seal deal

Or

We are now seeking a left back that is, AT BEST, our third choice.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
What if Wolves were dragging their heels or if Ward wanted more in wages (as was first being reported).

Things we dont fully know which the club MUST set straight.

if so then the club should have been looking elsewhere and told him and Wolves to do one politely

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Two big binfests tonight - Pulis and Ward. Pulis confirmed on Sky Sports News - anyone got any links to confirmation of the Ward story?

Hometownglory

Jan 12, 2014
We might as well pack up and go home over this :facepalm:

No not at all. However can you not see how it's remotely frustrating to lose out so late on to a player who did well for us last season? Especially in an area which we sufficiently lack quality in!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
this really is the ****ing icing on top of a HUGE ****ing cake. we get the funds from selling our best players... funds which amass to over £15 million yet we still cant tempt in to our club a player who we had for a whole season already. he clearly see's something in the club that isn't quite right if hes turned us down to be a second-choice left-back at a low-level premier league club.

if this does materialise into something true then burke really needs to take a look at himself. it also wouldn't hurt for him to jump off the top of the west-upper.

this is the true definition of NSC meltdown but some situations ****ing demand it

Jeez. Have a word with yourself... ???

Do you think this might be taking things a *bit* too far?

Jan 10, 2014
So your footy correspondent is the equivalent of our very own Andy Naylor ?

Not really our correspondent, as you'll see on the link it doesn't have a name with the article. The Lancashire Evening Telegraph is based in Blackburn (we refer to it as t'Blackburn paper ).

Our best correspondent really is this chap........ https://twitter.com/bodenknights

thbjenkins

Mar 12, 2014
Lancing
That's it! I'm off to wet the bed over the non signing of a left back that NO OTHER TEAM wanted until Burnley fancied a panic buy.

Too late! I've wet myself ......

Who cares if no other club wanted him? We did! And he was quality for us last season.
Somebody, somewhere has dropped the ball in a major way.

I'd say anyone who isn't even a little worried by all of this is either stupid or doesn't seem to grasp the lack of strength and depth in out squad right now.
Anyone labelled a "bed wetter" in recent days should probably feel vindicated.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
I'm a bit confused, in that Wardy couldn't get into Wolves team in Div 1, hence his loan to us. But is going to do the job for Burnley in the Prem.
You can't in this sad day and age blame him if he's going to get £15,000+ sitting on the bench neglected, but it's his, or probably his agents ( I hate them) decision.

I look forward to the day when I log into NSC and see some good news! And I don't mean some childish prat with pictures of something not at all to do with footy, but with the same name as a soccer star. It's got hopelessly chav now.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I think we'll see Sami ripping into Ward's agent at this mornings pre match press conference.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here