Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ward Off to Burnley?

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Just goes to show that we were premiership ready, great stadium and we did have the players last season, as it seems one by one they are all heading for premiership clubs this season. Bridcutt, Upson, Ulloa, Buckley, maybe Barnes and now Ward

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Pathetic brighton. Absolutely f*****g pathetic in this window. This should have been sorted weeks ago

This. If we agreed something with Wolves a few weeks ago he would be here. Although hindsight is a wonderful thing!

You've got to laugh really otherwise you'll cry! :lol:

Does that mean Wallace/Dijks is back on the table?

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
He can get fkd, relegation inevitable at Burnley (and no not here!), another one gone for the money and PL 'lights'. Not welcome at my club. Gutted for those working at the Albion to secure this deal. Awful news.

So this is how you 'monitor' and swoop... Great stuff. I don't blame the Albion, I blame the player. The wait was down to Wolves, the deal was seemingly agreed with the player and he's taken the offer of more money. No loyalty, no class, no thanks.

Kosh

Who would blame him, playing in the premiership, not something you could turn down.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
He can get fkd, relegation inevitable at Burnley (and no not here!), another one gone for the money and PL 'lights'. Not welcome at my club. Gutted for those working at the Albion to secure this deal. Awful news.

So this is how you 'monitor' and swoop... Great stuff. I don't blame the Albion, I blame the player. The wait was down to Wolves, the deal was seemingly agreed with the player and he's taken the offer of more money. No loyalty, no class, no thanks.

Kosh

:lol: there isn't a single player in our squad that wouldn't leave for more money in the Premier League.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Why is a deal only being agreed today, for a player we had on loan ALL season and has been training alone at Wolves?

Clearly there has been hold ups, now is a time the club will need to open up and explain what the bloody hell has gone wrong, time to start naming and shaming.

That also includes whether or not it was down to the Albion themselves, or Ward or Wolves pissing us around.

Of course there is absolutely NO proof the club are to blame, but hey, who cares - wont stop the abuse against them :facepalm:

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
What I can't fathom out is that we were haggling with Wolves over a nominal fee ? .. Surely it will cost us much more to get a similar quality fullback . He was tried and tested , it was not as though we're getting a possible unknown quantity . Looks from the outside and I stress from the outside as though the club have faked up big time

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
There was only 1 Ward and sooner we get Peter back the better.. no seriously ward is a mercenary wolves fans hated him when we played them last ,can see why now.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
If true, it serves us right for pissing around for so long. Typical, just typical.

Have to agree with you, we haven't learnt a thing and got exactly what we deserved. It's a cut throat business and this cements our weakness in negotiation and closing deals.

Good job Chickson had a good game on Tuesday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here