Wales v England tonight

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I f***ing love the Six Nations, one of the highlights of the rugby calendar. England to romp home by 10+ points for me.

:clap2:

chops

Egg chaser & hack
Jan 4, 2011
Christchurch, NZ
I'd expect an easy Welsh victory if our front row was fit. England's pack looks a bit pedestrian without Lawes and Moody but they aren't the lumbering dinosaurs that they used to be.

If England play with any kind of ambition then it'll be a tight and exciting game. If they keep it tight then I think they'll get ahead but ultimately come up short as Wales fight back late on.

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
England would have definatly won by 10+... If only they hadn't put Lewis "the donkey" Deacon into the second row :facepalm:

As he is starting, the inevitable 80 minute arm-wrestle can only end in a very tight affair.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am expecting an England win, after 7 years of being quite shit I think we may be a force to be reckoned with this Six Nations and in the World Cup. Gonna be great to see live Six nations rugby again though :clap::banana::rave:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Halfpenny is injured, which obvioiusly is good news for England. I reckon on a very tight game, with 5 points at most between the sides.

Halfpenny is injured, which obvioiusly is good news for England. I reckon on a very tight game, with 5 points at most between the sides.

Halfpenny is not as big a miss as the two props though, particularly Jenkins, who is incredibly good.

I think England will be narrowly ahead with 20 mins on the clock, at which point Gatland will change it by bringing Hook up to 10 and Byrne at 15 for Jones. He will then either play brilliantly in scoring one try and creating another or throw a stupid interception which will allow England to secure the win.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm expecting this to go down to the wire. The Welsh front row has been decimated, and that could prove decisive.

If the game is level after 60mins I expect Wales to win. The key for England is getting the ball to Ashton.

My prediction: England by 3 or less.

Kick Ass Minton

Brooklynite
Oct 8, 2003
Brooklyn, NY
Will be heading out early for a "meeting" to watch the game - somewhere in the East Village I think

chops

Egg chaser & hack
Jan 4, 2011
Christchurch, NZ
Halfpenny is not as big a miss as the two props though, particularly Jenkins, who is incredibly good.

I think England will be narrowly ahead with 20 mins on the clock, at which point Gatland will change it by bringing Hook up to 10 and Byrne at 15 for Jones. He will then either play brilliantly in scoring one try and creating another or throw a stupid interception which will allow England to secure the win.

Exactly what I'm getting at. Jenkins gets through so much work in the loose it's like having an extra flanker and he's also very good at the set piece. Jones is also a huge miss, you can't put a price on a good tight head and he's one of the best 2 or 3 in the world along with Hayman and Castro.

Halfpenny will be missed, but as you say not massively. He leads our kick chase and is a tireless worker, as well as having a huge boot. We'll also miss North as the kid has serious talent. Stoddart is prone to momentary lapses and could end up doing something daft and costing us.

The more you see Shane pop up the more likely it is that we'll win.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Can't see Wales winning this: the missing props make for a massive hole and will they regret dropping Martyn Williams?

Can't see Wales winning this: the missing props make for a massive hole and will they regret dropping Martyn Williams?

Williams struggles to keep up with the pace of the game these days. Warburton and Lydiate have apparently been on fire for their regions, and Warburton has been the heir apparent for a while now. The props are a big loss, but the same can be said for England in terms of Lawes and Croft. I think it'll be very tight.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
I'll be watching and hope we can beat the Welsh for the first time in four games in Cardiff. England in a tight game 31 - 25

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I'd expect an easy Welsh victory if our front row was fit..
BUT THEY AREN'T ARE THEY?!?!... England by 5 in a tight game,......

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset

Does show the limit of their ambition though, if thats all they aspire to,.... England look up to better things, World Cups etc,.... 3 finals so far,... any sign of a Wales appearance yet,... no,... thought not.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
We've got this on in the pub tonight.......I've got the black armbands ready for our customers when Wales lose......(and my Welsh shirt ironed if they win :lolol: )

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports