Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] WALES LEADS THE WAY

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
No reason whatsoever why FA pay shouldn't be equal (which would be for international call-ups), after all English football is hardly strapped for cash.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
No reason whatsoever why FA pay shouldn't be equal (which would be for international call-ups), after all English football is hardly strapped for cash.
They are

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yeah but, no.

It is simply not the same game in terms of technique, tempo, and market forces currently.
May I be as so bold to say, there may not be that much difference between the Welsh Men's team and Women's team so therefore they feel justified offering them the same money.

:fishing:
In the men's game the fees are irrelevant (post Don Revie, if not before, if Crazy Horse was correct). So this is a gesture. I'm comfortable with it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I don't know about Denmark but the BBC article says this.
Wales join other nations such as United States of America, England, Brazil, Australia, Norway and New Zealand in paying their players the same international match fee.
I'd have thought the US women's team should get paid more than the men.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Wales has become the first country to give equal pay to men and women for representing their country.

You would like to think that England will swiftly do the same
It seems you didn't bother to read the article :facepalm:

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
Would anyone like to see this principle extended to all occupations? In other words, in all circumstances men and women get the same pay if in the same occupation.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
nobody should get paid anything for representing their country. Honour only.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Would anyone like to see this principle extended to all occupations? In other words, in all circumstances men and women get the same pay if in the same occupation.
What a ridiculous suggestion. They’ll be letting women vote too before you know it!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Wales has become the first country to give equal pay to men and women for representing their country.

You would like to think that England will swiftly do the same (particularly as the Lionesses have been far more successful on the global stage than their male counterparts)
Read the report you've posted, they are not the first. Wales join other nations such as United States of America, England, Brazil, Australia, Norway and New Zealand in paying their players the same international match fee.

Diallo

Jan 3, 2021
Great idea. Hopefully this will help battle the crippling gender crisis we face in the UK right now, in the same way we’ve been battling the huge racial issue our country is currently battling.

Diallo

Jan 3, 2021
If I understand it correctly, you believe that women should be financially punished because 200 000 years of evolution made women physically weaker than men?
I wouldn’t stamp down that because of mens physicality, that automatically labels the man as stronger than the woman. I personally think woman are telepathically stronger than men and woman are stronger.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Generally, players don't make a living playing international football. That is derived from club football, and so the international fee is more of a symbolic gesture than commercial. On that level it makes sense.

However, you can't help feeling this moral stance at international level does not sit easy with the wage disparity between men and women at club level. You wonder how much SPOTY Beth Mead earns compared to other male professional footballers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here