Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wahts the biggest shithole in Sussex?

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham/LA
i cannot BELIEVE no-one has mentioned bognor!!!

the place is AWFUL. have to agree with hastings too. i was on edge walking around at 3 in the afternoon there!!

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Perry Milkins said:
Sorry sir, just always detested Seaford...

Just an opinion.

Sanity confirmed for the time being.

Ripe = Croydon, then yes.

Previously lived in Preston Park vicinity Surrenden Road where I formed my aversion to all things Seaford.

Maybe it is nice.

Sorry!!

Ripe is a small Hamlet/village just outside Lewes. Off the beaten track but has some damn nice houses!

unnameable

Feb 25, 2004
Oxford/Lancing
How can anyone call Lancing a dump? Anyone who can walk down Manor Road, in North Lancing, and not think that they are in paradise has a woefully undeveloped aesthetic sense.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Horsham, a shit hole?

Horsham is great.

Crawley is a shit hole.

Ok, someone got stabbed to death in Horsham the other day but otherwise its a lovely place. Big enough to have things to do and small enough to not be a scally magnet.

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Voroshilov said:
Let me see Worthing's pretty shitty, Bognor, Lancing, Portslade and Bexhill and Hove Born and Inbred's bedsit.

Crawley myths

1) It's full of Palace, - No it's full of Chelsea and West Ham.

2) There's nothing to do - Well the cinema is better than anything in brighton, the swimming pool is better than Brighton and Tilgate park has no equivalent in Brighton

3) They're all inbred - Hardly likely as most of the population moved there in the last 50 years.

Look Crawley isn't great, but the residential areas look pretty much the same as every other town in SE England. It's the Leon Knight of Sussex, the it's ok to hate.
:clap2: :clap2: i totally agree it isn't that bad hastings is far worse and brighton can be a bitdodgy too lets face moulscoumbe and whitehawk aint exactly great are they !!!!!! there are far more inbreds on west st at the weekends !:salute:

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Perry Milkins said:
It wasn't up to your usual standard of informed comment, humour and cutting edge sarcasm.
Sorry to dissapoint Perry. I wouldn`t want to work there these days. Only if it were in a fire arms shop. You know what i mean!

nomad_seagull

Jul 27, 2004
Having lived in Newhaven , Peacehaven and Crawley ( I choose great places to live) I'd have to say Newhaven though this was a few years ago!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Crawley, its been said a thousand times, and its true, isten to the people !!! I'm so f***ing pleased not to be working there any more :clap2:

a lot of Brightons pretty crap, and even as a hardened Shorehamite the east end its pretty ropey, but don't all towns have a chav corner somewhere, one needs workhands and staff you know :lolol:

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
LOOK GEEZERS

ITS BOGNOR

FULL OF f***ing POMPEY TRAITORS

THE ONLY TOWN IN SUSSEX THAT TRIES TO SING

GOOD OLD HAMPSHI(t)RE BY THE SEA

at least crawley people have the excuse of being relocated cockerney slum clearance scum. but bonger is full of f***ing third gereration inbred tractor drivers who have no sense of pride in being born one of gods chosen few.sussex born brighton by birthright

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
unnameable said:
How can anyone call Lancing a dump? Anyone who can walk down Manor Road, in North Lancing, and not think that they are in paradise has a woefully undeveloped aesthetic sense.

I used to live at 52 Manor Road!!!!
It used to be brill .... but last time I went back, it seemed very different

Strike

Sussex Border Front
Mar 12, 2004
Three Bridges, Crawley
northstandnorth said:
LOOK GEEZERS

ITS BOGNOR

FULL OF f***ing POMPEY TRAITORS

THE ONLY TOWN IN SUSSEX THAT TRIES TO SING

GOOD OLD HAMPSHI(t)RE BY THE SEA

at least crawley people have the excuse of being relocated cockerney slum clearance scum. but bonger is full of f***ing third gereration inbred tractor drivers who have no sense of pride in being born one of gods chosen few.sussex born brighton by birthright

I agree with you there about Bognor.:lolol:

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
Hailsham Town centre is awful there is no doubt about that, real Chav culture but that hardly makes it different from anyway else.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Back in 1975, a few of us went over to Bognor for the evening as NME said a band that we wanted to see was playing there.

When we got to the designated venue, it was closed - as was every shop, restaurant and (most importantly) pub in the place. We drove around for a bit but couldn't find anything open, so hastily scarpered back to civilisation.

We all agreed that we'd never been to a more miserable place in our lives and made a solemn vow never to go back. A vow that I'm happy to have kept.

For all I know, Bognor may now be a paradise where pubs are open all day serving half-priced Harveys, where the food is of a quality rarely found outside Gordon Ramsay's and where every woman looks like a model, but somehow I doubt it.

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Brighton till i die said:
what is wrong with b/hill?

i am looking to move there early next year to one of the new estates...west end meadows etc.

would be interested to know why it aint as nice as i think it is???????????????? ???

It is a nice place to live in if you choose the right area. Priory Village, Drovers Meadow (near the Triangle) and West End Meadows are very nice. The town centre does seem to attract a few of the pikey variety but not as bad as Crawley!

My least favourite place, after Crawley, is Haywards Heath. I work there - that's enough - I would never live there!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here