Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wagners bottlers....

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
We have a few decent forwards, but we are lacking a prolific striker. We bought in Quaner, again from Germany, but he is yet to score in the league. The failure to turn dominance into goals is our problem this season, for sure, but we have stayed on the right side of FFP.

We should have had at least 12 pens by now, but we just don't get them. There was another example of a clear cut penalty yesterday, which the ref waived away. Earlier in the season I wanted to believe 'that things would balance themselves out', as they say, but the situation just gets worse. The two pens we have actually been given were both soft, given by refs making amends for other decisions, and we missed one. I don't think refs feel any pressure to give us penalties given that no one expected us to be where we are, so not awarding little Hudds a pen is no big controversy. :nono:

Oh **** off. Why don't you put jumpers down for goal posts every week and referee the games amongst yourselves then. Every club in any league in the world can pinpoint incidents which have gone against them.

Stop hiding behind the haemorrhoids on the arses of referees and concentrate on winning football matches - That would serve you better than feeling sorry for yourselves. If your manager adopts that sort of attitude then the players wouldn't need to try a leg , the y can just point to refereeing decisions week after week as to why they are not in the position that Brighton and Newcastle are.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
so what do you do if you're Wagner? Keep pushing for auto possibility but wear out your players for play offs if it doesn't come off (it won't), or now start resting players for the play offs and run risk of falling some places?
I'd want to win games, as confidence has taken a knock. It's not like they have 11 good players and average subs, whichever team he picks can do the job on their day.

They've also just had the international break, and it's a fair way before the playoffs yet. I wouldn't expect him to rest players for the playoffs unless they can no longer make top two.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Keep pushing for autos clearly, as Brighton will fall away at the end of the season as usual.

Our points haulage at the tail end of the last season was positively atrocious.

Hard to believe really having SMASHED FFP with ridiculous spending and losses.

A little while back, I kept hearing fans from other clubs, announcing that Brighton always bottle it. A Fulham fan told me that we always fall away at the end of every season.
We'll see.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
How many first team players are they missing, and for how long?
Izzy brown 3 more weeks out
Kasey Palmer 2 weeks
Hogg back in training
Scannell 1 week.

Would still fancy them to beat Norwich who have zero fight at the moment with no manager. Norwich have both CBs suspended on Wednesday and a poor away record.

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
The bookies ( who get close on most things ) have been putting Huddersfield on a maximum of 85-86 points for some time now. With 8 games left, they have got to go some even to reach this figure.
I was always a bit surprised by fans suggesting that they were likely to get 93 points or more. It would have meant maintaining a blistering pace over a long period of time and we all know that it is extremely difficult to win a long succession of games at this level. Injuries and suspensions nearly always take their toil.

theboybilly

The bookies ( who get close on most things ) have been putting Huddersfield on a maximum of 85-86 points for some time now. With 8 games left, they have got to go some even to reach this figure.
I was always a bit surprised by fans suggesting that they were likely to get 93 points or more. It would have meant maintaining a blistering pace over a long period of time and we all know that it is extremely difficult to win a long succession of games at this level. Injuries and suspensions nearly always take their toil.

But at this stage of the season Huddersfield don't have to maintain a 'blistering pace over a long period of time'. 6 wins from 8, though looking unlikely, is not impossible for them. I would be much less concerned if Albion started to up their game away from home instead of being seemingly happy to take a point (as at Forest & Leeds) and it all unravelling.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Kasey Palmer 2 weeks
Hogg back in training
Scannell 1 week.
So although this is their bad period, they still have fewer injuries than us.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
But at this stage of the season Huddersfield don't have to maintain a 'blistering pace over a long period of time'. 6 wins from 8, though looking unlikely, is not impossible for them.
Agreed. Their loss on Saturday was unexpected, so it's now harder for them, but it didn't look that unlikely. Burnley didn't have strength in depth, but they managed to keep going last year.

I would be much less concerned if Albion started to up their game away from home instead of being seemingly happy to take a point (as at Forest & Leeds) and it all unravelling.
I don't think there's any evidence of us playing for a point at Forest, and Leeds looked like an even game.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Kasey Palmer 2 weeks
Hogg back in training
Scannell 1 week.

Would still fancy them to beat Norwich who have zero fight at the moment with no manager. Norwich have both CBs suspended on Wednesday and a poor away record.

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk
Their captain received a red card v Burton didn't he? When will he be suspended?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I'd want to win games, as confidence has taken a knock. It's not like they have 11 good players and average subs, whichever team he picks can do the job on their day.

They've also just had the international break, and it's a fair way before the playoffs yet. I wouldn't expect him to rest players for the playoffs unless they can no longer make top two.

Spread bet on 85+ Points, wasn't it?

Glad I covered the £20 at 100-1 on Huddersfield to win Championship with £800 to return £50 for them not to win.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Hmmmm they have their 3 best players out! They have got very unlucky.
I thought Mooy was their best player. Brown has been good, but he's only been there since January. I didn't know how good the others were.

I don't think they've missed many players over the season though. For long periods we've missed:
Kayal
March
Rosenior
Duffy
Goldson
Bong

as well as having others out for a while.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I don't doubt that is true but if he was good enough to play against Burton he will have to be replaced by a player down the pecking order which must be good news?

No there first team player is back (Hogg) He is there main holding midfielder

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Spread bet on 85+ Points, wasn't it?
Yep. I also put a fair chunk on Palace staying up at 5-4. Looks like I'm going to be close to even, although if Huddersfield get no more points I'm going to need a bank loan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here