Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vydra

Iovan The Sweeper

May 16, 2016
20 league goals in 27 games in 2012/13. Championship player of the year.

16 goals in 31 in 2014/15.

He's only 24. Back to his best (and maybe Reading didn't play to his style?) then he's a great striker at this level.

Also an international team mate of Skalak...5 goals in 16 games (admittedly 3 of those were against Armenia, but still...).

Didn't do so well at WBA, and Watford clearly don't fancy him in the Premier, so they may want to cash in quickly. Alternatively they might not sell anyone until their new boss takes over.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
20 league goals in 27 games in 2012/13. Championship player of the year.

16 goals in 31 in 2014/15.

He's only 24. Back to his best (and maybe Reading didn't play to his style?) then he's a great striker at this level.

Also an international team mate of Skalak...5 goals in 16 games (admittedly 3 of those were against Armenia, but still...).

Didn't do so well at WBA, and Watford clearly don't fancy him in the Premier, so they may want to cash in quickly. Alternatively they might not sell anyone until their new boss takes over.

2 in TWENTY-TWO for Reading?
Their commentator declared him "The worst signing Reading have ever made"
No, you're alright.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Sometimes things don't work at a specific club. It's clearly not worked for him at Reading. But I'd have him in a heart beat if we could get him at a decent price as he's an excellent player at this level in the right team and with the right service. I think he'd improve us personally.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
2 in TWENTY-TWO for Reading?
Their commentator declared him "The worst signing Reading have ever made"
No, you're alright.

Thought he was their best player against us down here and caused us problems. One of those two goals was against us at their place where he scored the equaliser and in effect stopped us gettin auto promotion :wink:

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Thought he was their best player against us down here and caused us problems. One of those two goals was against us at their place where he scored the equaliser and in effect stopped us gettin auto promotion :wink:

The one from two yards out when DS had spilt Blackman's shot?
Hardly a ringing endorsement.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
The one from two yards out when DS had spilt Blackman's shot?
Hardly a ringing endorsement.

When they came to us, every time he received the ball and started running I was bricking it.

I'd fancy CH to get the best out of him, and if we could get him on the cheap. Only issue is wage demands.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
When they came to us, every time he received the ball and started running I was bricking it.

I'd fancy CH to get the best out of him, and if we could get him on the cheap. Only issue is wage demands.

It's about attitude. He doesn't have it.
Moot point anyway as we won't be signing him.

theroyal

May 11, 2014
Needs a good strike partner to compliment and bring the best out of him - something he didn't have here. Whenever he was prolific at Watford it was with Deeney alongside him.

Our system really didn't suit him.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Are you absolutely sure we did? Wouldn't surprise me if it was just agent talk.

Not absolutely sure but if he made it up the agent also invented meetings with Paul Winstanley and conversations with CH. On another note, the Standard reckons Bournemouth are willing to let Glenn Murray go on a free, which would surprise me. (Fulham interested.)

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Good player but his attitude sucks would in my opinion threaten the team spirit

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here