Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vydra - Forest and other Championship Clubs

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Hope we get him.

And soon.

I'll end up insane if we have to speculate for the whole week until deadline.

blueandwhitestripes

Mar 18, 2008
Sussex
Vydra's playing tonight!

For Watford, that is :moo:

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
Screen Shot 2015-08-25 at 19.47.44.png

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Linked in the Argus today I see...?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We have to do what it takes.

No matter what parachute payments are involved at other clubs, failure to get him is not an option.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Let's hope he wants to stay down South, that'll cut the number of clubs down.

One is Reading. Steve Clarke managed the player at WBA and so 'hopes that gives them an edge'.

Hopefully Vydra thought he was shit.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
No doubt this would be a massive signing! but people saying he will be our 20 goal man, he scored 16 in 41 games for Watford last year which is pretty decent I am not sure he alone is the key to us gaining promotion, we still need the supply.

My personal view on this is he will try his luck outside of England now, he is a very good young striker there is no need for him to keep being sent out on loan in England and just not quite making it in the prem.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
No doubt this would be a massive signing! but people saying he will be our 20 goal man, he scored 16 in 41 games for Watford last year which is pretty decent I am not sure he alone is the key to us gaining promotion, we still need the supply.

My personal view on this is he will try his luck outside of England now, he is a very good young striker there is no need for him to keep being sent out on loan in England and just not quite making it in the prem.

Any idea how many of those appearances were from the bench though? Not a clue if it's many, I just remember him coming on at the Amex as a sub I think...

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I've not really been following Watford's summer spending, but it surprises me that a player as good as Vydra is now surplus to their requirements. Have they strengthened that much?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Any idea how many of those appearances were from the bench though? Not a clue if it's many, I just remember him coming on at the Amex as a sub I think...

According to soccerbase.com he started 31 games and came on as a sub in a further 11.

I'd be gutted if he went to another club in the championship. Sign him and Tex on loan, possibly buy Marshall and we'd have a very good shout at the top six.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Good point. Given Watford also had Deeney and Ighalo (for most of) last season, I'd imagine that the number of minutes it took Vydra to score those 16 goals looks a lot more positive than the quoted 41 games.

You're a season behind with your figures. And besides, how much do you think receptionists/club shop staff/stewards etc account for that? Not much.
Probably 70% of our wage bill will be on players. CMS and Kemy comprised roughly £32k a week. Aaron Hughes, recruited from the Premier League, was on plenty too.
We were paying the full wages of: Joe Bennett, Gary Gardner and Greg Halford. A portion of:Elliott Bennett, Darren Bent, Joao Texiera's wages and a chunk of Leon Best's HUMUNGOUS salary.
The released players will comprise around 40% of the (considerably higher) 2014/15 wage budget.
Not that fanciful.

That's not so and there's nothing whatsoever fanciful coming from me. I've referred to the most recently audited accounts for BHA Holdings Ltd and anyone can cross-check what I've said as these are available on the Companies House and BHA websites. The fundamental point is that my primary data source can be validated by anyone that chooses to do so.
"Probably 70% of our wage bill...", "...roughly £32k a week.", "....was on plenty too.", "...paying the full wages of:", " .....a portion of:.....", ".....Leon Best's HUMONGOUS salary."
These look like guesswork with some added innuendo thrown in; nobody else can authenticate any of it so why should it be believed? If it's true then you must have the raw data so quantify and post it.
Finally, you've claimed that "..around 40% of the 2014/15 wage budget" was spent on the released players. That's a total three on your list - CMS, Kemy & Hughes - the others weren't released, they went back to their clubs. I'd have thought it should be wage actual too; a budget is the business target for the financial year.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
That's not so and there's nothing whatsoever fanciful coming from me. I've referred to the most recently audited accounts for BHA Holdings Ltd and anyone can cross-check what I've said as these are available on the Companies House and BHA websites. The fundamental point is that my primary data source can be validated by anyone that chooses to do so.
"Probably 70% of our wage bill...", "...roughly £32k a week.", "....was on plenty too.", "...paying the full wages of:", " .....a portion of:.....", ".....Leon Best's HUMONGOUS salary."
These look like guesswork with some added innuendo thrown in; nobody else can authenticate any of it so why should it be believed? If it's true then you must have the raw data so quantify and post it.
Finally, you've claimed that "..around 40% of the 2014/15 wage budget" was spent on the released players. That's a total three on your list - CMS, Kemy & Hughes - the others weren't released, they went back to their clubs. I'd have thought it should be wage actual too; a budget is the business target for the financial year.
Is it no usual for a club to show the wage but not the name of the highest earner?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

I didn't suggest that you said anything fanciful.
Leon Best's salary was well known and published elsewhere. CMS was our highest-earner at one point, also published elsewhere. Kemy's is word of mouth from the "great one" himself.
I don't believe I do have to quantify anything. You can either believe it or not. Doesn't bother me either way.
The fact, however, is that you're quoting figures for 2013/14 and that isn't the year that was up for discussion.
Finally, I may have said 'released' players but I meant 'players who no longer represent the Albion' as you well know.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Is it no usual for a club to show the wage but not the name of the highest earner?

Only show detailed wages for highest paid director.

Last year that person was paid £650k.

He's not named, but my SAUCE tells me the initials P and B may give a clue.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here