Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vydra - Forest and other Championship Clubs

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Another thread where everyone jizzes themselves over a player, who hasn't even been linked with us, who wage wise will be absolutely out of our league and probably out of our price bracket also. Be realistic guys.

He'll end up at Derby I imagine.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Another thread where everyone jizzes themselves over a player, who hasn't even been linked with us, who wage wise will be absolutely out of our league and probably out of our price bracket also. Be realistic guys.

Forest are only allowed to spend 600K on him, including loan fee, wages and agent's cut, so either they have no chance, or he is affordable to us.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Another thread where everyone jizzes themselves over a player who wage wise will be absolutely out of our league and probably out of our price bracket also. Be realistic guys.

You might be right (hence the disclaimer in the opening post.) But should we sell Dunk is it really that unlikely we could afford to bring him in on loan? I suggest perhaps not.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

Wage wise, we're probably fine already but would have a large budget left if we get rid of Colunga. He's on a whopping wage.
Watford currently only have three strikers. Why would they be willing to loan him out?
I'd be interested in signing Forestieri on a season loan. Always thought he looked a handful and is the ideal Baldock replacement.

Obviously, Vydra's better but Forestieri's more realistic I'd have thought.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Can only imagine there's been some conflict at Watford. Even if the new boss prefers Deeney and Ighalo as a pairing, surely Vydra is a great back-up striker. Seems odd Watford would discard a player of this quality - surely their challenge is already big enough in the Premier League?

I'd expect a minimum 15 goals from him in the Championship (who knows, he could hit 30) - regardless of where he goes.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Can only imagine there's been some conflict at Watford. Even if the new boss prefers Deeney and Ighalo as a pairing, surely Vydra is a great back-up striker. Seems odd Watford would discard a player of this quality - surely their challenge is already big enough in the Premier League?

I'd expect a minimum 15 goals from him in the Championship (who knows, he could hit 30) - regardless of where he goes.

Tbh, I don't think there is actually ANYTHING in that article, to suggest that he IS surplus to requirements at Watford.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

It's like Darren Bent and Wayne Bridge never happened. If Watford wanted to loan him out and get him match fit then a top half Championship club fits the bill. Watford should keep hold of him IMHO.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Where have you heard of Colunga's big wages [MENTION=267]TSB[/MENTION]? If the rumours are true about COG being on (GULP) 15k a week (which may be why we can't seem to ship him out) it wouldn't suprise me. Again, I think we should get rid of these 2 and put their wages towards a new strikers' wages etc...

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Where have you heard of Colunga's big wages [MENTION=267]TSB[/MENTION]? If the rumours are true about COG being on (GULP) 15k a week (which may be why we can't seem to ship him out) it wouldn't suprise me. Again, I think we should get rid of these 2 and put their wages towards a new strikers' wages etc...

Paying up COG's contract (if that figure's true) would cost us north of £1.3m - can't see TB wanting to kiss goodbye to that sort of money for no return. Throw in Colunga as well, and you're looking at £2m, at least. Reckon the club will hang on to them if they can't ship them out

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Cant believe that CLOWN BURKE gave COG a three ****ing year deal. :facepalm:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Paying up COG's contract (if that figure's true) would cost us north of £1.3m - can't see TB wanting to kiss goodbye to that sort of money for no return. Throw in Colunga as well, and you're looking at £2m, at least. Reckon the club will hang on to them if they can't ship them out

Yep - Would rather sell them both for cut price deals. Surely Sheff utd aren't in for COG anymore or we'd have supplemented the Murphy deal with COG. I think his wages he's on here are the main factor for nobody coming in for him / agreeing terms with him...

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Agreed. And I've been consistent on here in saying that we WILL bring in another striker for that role (who I expect to be first choice).

Are you not a Baldock fan then? Did ok Saturday, somebody mentioned Stokes earlier, but in all seriousness, I would have thought both he and Vydra are very unlikely.

If we bring in another forward, they have to be better than we already have, especially if it's on a loan deal.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

Places. No idea about COG but Adrian's on more than that.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Colunga will be back in the match day squad post transfer deadline.

He's out now as the club wont risk injury that could hamper a move.

However, if no move materialises then he's ours till January and will be back in favour, and back up to Baldock.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Places. No idea about COG but Adrian's on more than that.

Colunga is on more than 15k a week...?!?!?! Assuming that's true, that's MENTAL!

I am always dubious of people saying how much a player is on though, as find it hard to imagine anyone would openly disclose their salary to people...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here