Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vote ukip

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Disagree with UKIP? Then you're commie scum, like the BBC audience tonight.

I've always been dismissive of right wing allegations that the BBC has a left wing/liberal bias but the audience in that debate was clearly skewed towards the red end of the spectrum. The polling group that allocated seats took the view that audience members should be selected based on voting intent to allow for a proper mix of views. Given that labour, plaid, SNP and the greens are all left of centre then UKIP, as the only right wing participants, were disadvantaged massively.

I'd argue that if they just went out into the street and grabbed 200 random folk then you would have a totally different audience response to Farages populist burblings.

D

Deleted member 22389

I've always been dismissive of right wing allegations that the BBC has a left wing/liberal bias but the audience in that debate was clearly skewed towards the red end of the spectrum. The polling group that allocated seats took the view that audience members should be selected based on voting intent to allow for a proper mix of views. Given that labour, plaid, SNP and the greens are all left of centre then UKIP, as the only right wing participants, were disadvantaged massively.

I'd argue that if they just went out into the street and grabbed 200 random folk then you would have a totally different audience response to Farages populist burblings.

If I can find the article, they spoke to some of the people who asked the questions. Two of them thought the audience leaned to the left and even though they where not UKIP supporters, they thought Farage got his point across and where dissapointed with the others.

Flex Your Head

The BBC have apologised? Where? What did they say? Have you got a non-UKIP affiliated link?

Secondly, the BBC haven't 'now' given Farage half an hour, he has 30 minutes to face an audience as do all the other party leaders; this isn't some special concession to Nige, this was scheduled long before Thursday's debate.

Let me refer you to a post I wrote to your buddy [MENTION=26105]Soulman[/MENTION] who was similarly spouting crap from the Express, which lest we forget, has just given Farage and co a million quid. Soulman has yet to respond, obv.

Firstly, your figures are ridiculously skewed, but then with UKIP being far to the right, pretty much everything else is to the left.

Secondly, the BBC haven't 'now' given Farage half an hour, he has 30 minutes to face an audience as do all the other party leaders; this isn't some special concession to Nige, this was scheduled long before Thursday's debate.

Thirdly, the BBC does have a bias, but not in the way the right-wing press try and convince us (and have clearly convinced you).

http://theconversation.com/hard-evid...-the-bbc-17028

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2014-...-bbc-is-a-myth

Of course, you won't accept any if this because it doesn't fit your agenda, and besides, there's an awful lot of mileage in playing the 'victim' card.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Disagree with UKIP? Then you're commie scum, like the BBC audience tonight.

Tolerance, compassion, equality - these are traits of weakness. Rich, white Britons are the backbone of the country - they are the ones that need our support, not the vulnerable, immigrants or working classes.

Vote UKIP

Prejudice much?

Ironic really.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011

Thing is, the majority of people are liberal/centre left/left leaning. But traditionally (and as can be seen now), those votes are split across more than one party.

Whereas typically most people who are right/centre right have voted tory, until now.

If you look at the voting intent, then the audience was representative. If it has a bias, then that it is a valid bias and reflects reality.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Genuinely not sure whether you failed to spot the irony in my post, or whether you consider something in the post to be prejudiced.

If it was the latter, please clarify - I don't feel the post was made with prejudice, those really are the views of many members and supporters of UKIP, or indeed any radical right party
Having read your views on a variety of subjects, I often find myself being diametrically opposed to what you have to say.

Therefore, should I be voting for UKIP?

:)

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Thing is, the majority of people are liberal/centre left/left leaning. But traditionally (and as can be seen now), those votes are split across more than one party.

Whereas typically most people who are right/centre right have voted tory, until now.

If you look at the voting intent, then the audience was representative. If it has a bias, then that it is a valid bias and reflects reality.

Thats an interesting take on it, with some logic granted, but I do not believe that there would be not one person in the audience that didnt have some reservations regarding immigration and its consequences, when ever it was mentioned there were the usual left wing mutterings without a single grouping in response.

It didnt seem to me to be a representation of anywhere I know.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Firstly, your figures are ridiculously skewed, but then with UKIP being far to the right, pretty much everything else is to the left.

The traditionalists aka the right wingers in the Conservatives are more or less strange bedfellows with UKIP who share the same views and aspirations #BLUKIP

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Thats an interesting take on it, with some logic granted, but I do not believe that there would be not one person in the audience that didnt have some reservations regarding immigration and its consequences, when ever it was mentioned there were the usual left wing mutterings without a single grouping in response.

76% of the country want a reduction in levels of immigration
72% think there should be a cap on the number allowed to come and live in Britain.

i would agree with you the audience did not seem to represent this

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Genuinely not sure whether you failed to spot the irony in my post, or whether you consider something in the post to be prejudiced.

If it was the latter, please clarify - I don't feel the post was made with prejudice, those really are the views of many members and supporters of UKIP, or indeed any radical right party

Why you don't you tell us what black people, gays and women are like too.

It's not OK to malign people because their political views differ from yours.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Well I guess a balanced view would be

From supporters of SNP, Tories, Lib Dems, PC, Greens, Labour - a large part of the audience debating sensible policies with a few right wing loonies representing UKIP

From supporters of UKIP - a few people putting forward sensible policies surrounded by a large number of left wing loonies representing the 'traditionalists'

Depends on where you look from (and before you start deciding where i stand, you can do exactly the same for any of the parties)

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Perhaps you should be. My views are unashamedly those of tolerance, equality, environmentalism, humanitarianism, public ownership and other core left-wing values.

If you more inclined to believe in conservatism, nationalism, inequality, right-wing populism, Euroscepticism, authoritarianism and so on - then UKIP are probably the party for you.

We're all different and have different values - I personally find the politics of the right abhorrent, selfish and often downright destructive.

Interesting stuff.

If you are so tolerant, what's with your intolerant views about UKIP and their supporters?

If you are for equality, environmentalism and humanitarianism, then you need to add interventionism to your values, and you may as well add authoritarianism too. None of those things are pursued today without resorting to force and coercion. Your politics is much closer to our current politicians that you probably realize, and the last thing I would call you is tolerant.

I don't think I agree with your definition of a conservative either.

LA1972

May 20, 2009
West Sussex
We should let the FIFA delegates vote for who should run the country. I can't think of a more honest, fair bunch to decide the future of Britain. Qatar and Russia were the obvious choice for the next world cups, these people clearly cannot be bribed

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Ignoring the baffling irrelevance of your first sentence - which bit of my initial post is maligning or an unfair representation of UKIP?

They are a radical-right party, I'm really not sure what else you think they represent, but I would love to hear it.

You are the radical. You are the fanatic.

You should read The True Believer by Eric Hoffer.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Let me refer you to a post I wrote to your buddy [MENTION=26105]Soulman[/MENTION] who was similarly spouting crap from the Express, which lest we forget, has just given Farage and co a million quid. Soulman has yet to respond, obv..

Actually i did respond, but it did not suit your views.
I stated that the IMC who picked the audience admitted that 64% of the audience were left wing, so how did you respond. Perhaps read my reply when you first posted a similar post.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Perhaps you should be. My views are unashamedly those of tolerance, equality, environmentalism, humanitarianism, public ownership and other core left-wing values.

If you more inclined to believe in conservatism, nationalism, inequality, right-wing populism, Euroscepticism, authoritarianism and so on - then UKIP are probably the party for you.

We're all different and have different values - I personally find the politics of the right abhorrent, selfish and often downright destructive.

Equality.....Do you really believe this is possible in any fair society...Do you not believe endeavour and hard work should be rewarded...Do you believe all jobs should be equally paid....

The facts from my viewpoint are UKIP have some sensible ideas probably what you call Nationalism.... Would you not prefer an Englishman to a German/American/Russian/Indian/Syrian etc getting the local Job...

I would and I believe most others would too....

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
76% of the country want a reduction in levels of immigration
72% think there should be a cap on the number allowed to come and live in Britain.

i would agree with you the audience did not seem to represent this

Are, so the 76/72% are, as Flex Your Head and Mustafa keep stating.... "Radical Right Wing".........so how come the audience was not representive. A stitch up that was brought out into the open.......shame.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Actually i did respond, but it did not suit your views.
I stated that the IMC who picked the audience admitted that 64% of the audience were left wing, so how did you respond. Perhaps read my reply when you first posted a similar post.

64%? Is that published somewhere?

I saw these figures http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/pol...C-exposed-over-left-wing-debate-audience.html

102 were intending to vote for a left(ish) wing party. That was out of an audience of 200.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Are, so the 76/72% are, as Flex Your Head and Mustafa keep stating.... "Radical Right Wing".........so how come the audience was not representive. A stitch up that was brought out into the open.......shame.

Since when have Lib-Dems been left leaning?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here