Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vote ukip

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Im just being realistic mate. Im pretty sure the Chamber of Commerce would have looked into it. If businessmen want the UK to stay in the EU, im pretty sure, thats where it will stay.

I had hoped my response was vaguely realistic too :)

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I had hoped my response was vaguely realistic too :)

It was. Vaguely :)
Joking aside. I just think that if the Chamber of Commerce, which probably has a better overall look at the benefits, and dangers of the EU than you, or I, has said they want the UK to remain in the EU. The world we live in, tells me that if thats what business wants, thats what is going to be the outcome.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I suspect financial services will be relatively unaffected, unless UKIP stops international bankers working in London. If it tries to do that there would be a significant economic cost.

All I see in my industry (Higher Education) is that the policies introduced by the present Conservative administration mean that it is harder to recruit international students. Given that they pay on average £15,000 a year to come here, as well as spending money in the local economy. It's sheer lunacy in my view, and is costing the economy, and one of our most successful industries, a huge amount of money.

UKIP's policies will make the matter worse, as there points based system will allow a lot of people into the country, yet create industry specific employment shortages. Their education policies are worse than that of Michael Gove, and will not prepare children for the demands of the workplace in the twenty first century.

Immigration is an issue. Migrants such as the Roma families, with poor education and large numbers of children that create ghettoes in places such as Sheffield should be addressed. But they are relatively few and far between, migrant unemployment rates overall are lower than those who were born here. However there are equal issues with the indigenous disconnected white poor of the UK. A cycle of unemployment, lack of ambition or education, means that a sector of society is institutionally unemployable.

Without knowledge of the Higher Education industry it is difficult to comment, but it seems unlikely that a Conservative government would restrict growth within your industry without good reason, what is the reason ??

A point based system seems to work within some of the most sophisticated and successful economies in the world, I do not see why it should be so radically different here, the benefit system is a discussion perhaps for another day.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Without knowledge of the Higher Education industry it is difficult to comment, but it seems unlikely that a Conservative government would restrict growth within your industry without good reason, what is the reason ??

There's no 'good' reason. International students are included in the head count for the number of immigrants into the UK. By restricting this number, it helps the government get closer to their target of 100,000, even though it costs the economy money.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
A point based system seems to work within some of the most sophisticated and successful economies in the world,

This could be the first time that Australia has been referred to as 'sophisticated and successful' ever :)

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I suspect financial services will be relatively unaffected, unless UKIP stops international bankers working in London. If it tries to do that there would be a significant economic cost.

All I see in my industry (Higher Education) is that the policies introduced by the present Conservative administration mean that it is harder to recruit international students. Given that they pay on average £15,000 a year to come here, as well as spending money in the local economy. It's sheer lunacy in my view, and is costing the economy, and one of our most successful industries, a huge amount of money.

UKIP's policies will make the matter worse, as there points based system will allow a lot of people into the country, yet create industry specific employment shortages. Their education policies are worse than that of Michael Gove, and will not prepare children for the demands of the workplace in the twenty first century.

Immigration is an issue. Migrants such as the Roma families, with poor education and large numbers of children that create ghettoes in places such as Sheffield should be addressed. But they are relatively few and far between, migrant unemployment rates overall are lower than those who were born here. However there are equal issues with the indigenous disconnected white poor of the UK. A cycle of unemployment, lack of ambition or education, means that a sector of society is institutionally unemployable.

A point based system seems to work within some of the most sophisticated and successful economies in the world, I do not see why it should be so radically different here, the benefit system is a discussion perhaps for another day.

As for migrants, which party do you think will tackle a specific racial groups inadequacies such as Roma families and how do you suspect this will be undertaken, by ploughing more money and resources at a group with no prior link to our country and which is a direct consequence of Europe and unfettered immigration, whilst the white British poor look on across the city.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Personally, I take your point. But it would go violently against what most people's view of sustainable energy is.

Nuclear gets overlooked because its up against wind , tidal and bio-fuels which are all seen as environmentally friendly.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
It was. Vaguely :)
Joking aside. I just think that if the Chamber of Commerce, which probably has a better overall look at the benefits, and dangers of the EU than you, or I, has said they want the UK to remain in the EU. The world we live in, tells me that if thats what business wants, thats what is going to be the outcome.

I have no problem with business voicing a view, but if we the tax payer are funding their membership at some cost then we too have an absolute right to discuss and then vote whether we think it offers value for money.

D

Deleted member 22389

Yeah, I watched his normal self on the debate the other night virtually accusing everybody else of being left wing. He seemed on the edge of hysteria. He is a clown. Feel free to vote for his party. Even though I believe he will step down in a few weeks time.
Who you got to step into this giants shoes?

BBC have apologised for the error and given him a half hour slot.
http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/571294/Nigel-Farage-Ukip-BBC-debate-fixed-Question-Time

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Nuclear power is sustainable energy :rolleyes:

Nuclear gets overlooked because its up against wind , tidal and bio-fuels which are all seen as environmentally friendly.

It isn't that clear cut. Nuclear power still produces a hazardous waste product that remains radioactive for generations to come. Nuclear reactors while efficient still rely on the mining of uranium deposits.

Nuclear is considered sustainable because they are more efficient than our other fossil options, however you have gone on to compare nuclear with renewables such as wind and tide, that are simply in a different category. Renewable energy will exist while the Sun burns, the earth turns, and atmosphere exists. Nuclear's requirement of mining, enrichment and waste means it cannot be considered a renewable energy source, even if the energy it produces can make it sustainable.

D

Deleted member 22389

Thats great only a third leaned to the right..the *******s :)

Who do you think will replace Farage in May?

It will most probably be Diane James. She is responsible for putting together UKIP manifesto

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
UKIP voters in Worthing West will be voting for a genius.
Rather than a ........well you obviously know who is in the seat at West Worthing and where he lives etc. Give you time to Google seeing as you don't live here. Oh and by the way, if Labour get in power, all the A 27 road plans will be scrapped, again this will not affect you will it.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Rather than a ........well you obviously know who is in the seat at West Worthing and where he lives etc. Give you time to Google seeing as you don't live here. Oh and by the way, if Labour get in power, all the A 27 road plans will be scrapped, again this will not affect you will it.

Coming from somebody who has posted a picture of the Labour Shadow Business secretary, and declaring he is UKIP...pretty funny....for somebody who fecking LIVES there.
Anyway, apart from your lack of knowledge regarding UKIP members, whats your beef with Bottomley?

Oh, and as a non car driver, no. I doubt if any of the A27 plans will affect me particularly.EVEN If I was living there.

Last edited:

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
I hear Farage is against raising minimum wage because he thinks it'll attract more Romanians. IF that is true the man is more of an idiot than I previously gave him credit for.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here