Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vote for the Player of the Season

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
Butters
---------
Basic played who has been a rock for us this season. I have no doubt he has given his all over the season, and therefore gets the award in my eyes. There's been a lot of games decided by a single goal and in a division where so many balls are pumped forward (ourselves included) his height and positioning has been invaluable.

Knight
--------
Exciting when he wants to be, loads of goals and a genuine talent, but has often drifted out of games. Sometimes this has been after needless altercations with players and officials, something he has carried with him from club to club. Rather see him get fired up on these occasions and do his talking through his obvious talent and for the bulk of a game, not just when it suits his mood.

Carpenter
-------------
Worked very hard in the midde all season. Never going to be the most creative but for workrate over 90minutes week in week out he deserves reckognition. Would have liked to have a few more goals from him but he may just pop up with something special yet.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Albion Dan said:
Butters
Chippie
Knight

Looks like a very split vote this season.

Goes to show that we have displayed quality all over the park this season. It's nice to choose from more than Zamora and Cullip for a change...

Apr 13, 2004
Brighton
What do you see in Dan Harding?!!

He's a good player but player of the season your having a laugh. Virgo has been much better since coming in.

For one he's played about 13 games and two has been at fault for a least two goals.

Butters - Solid and very consistent.
Knight - Goals Goals Goals (wish he would work a little harder)
Chippy - Most consistent player (tries to pass the ball and not hoff it)
Cullip - The leader (rubbish without him)

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
My comment about the award not being for working hard etc and then saying Chippy should win because he always trys was taken wrongly. With Chippy, his effort and work rate is but one aspect of why he should win, he has the skill and quality to go with it..as does Knight but who falls down sometimes through lack of work.

Harding is not phsically strong enough yet and its a joke that so many people are even mentioning him on this thread. Virgo and McPhee have both been better then him.

Falmer Dream

Feb 2, 2004
Fascinating that none of the players interviewed on Seagulls World have mentioned Knight when choosing their player of the season. This for a man with 26 goals.

Hungry Joe.

Mar 5, 2004
British Upper Beeding
Falmer Dream said:
Fascinating that none of the players interviewed on Seagulls World have mentioned Knight when choosing their player of the season. This for a man with 26 goals.

That's cos they all think he's a twat. Have you noticed how lonely he looks during the pre-match warm ups?

Yoda

English & European
1) Guy Butters. Sheer class the way he’s come back this season to prove everybody wrong.
2) Danny Cullip. Captain marvel as solid as ever. Would never want us to lose him.
3) Richard Carpenter. Gone about his business quietly and effectively.

Last edited:

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
1.Butters
2.Chippie
3. Knight

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It's got to be Richard "the car"* Carpenter surely.

* he's carried 3 passengers most of the season.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I hope Carpenter makes the top 3. I think he's been good for us this season, he always works hard, and all this despite having to live in a caravan in the pikeyest part of Kent.

I wouldn't mind if Chippy, Leon or the skipper won it - those 3 are very hard to split. As Danny has already got two I'd reward Chippy and give Leon something to aim for next season.

scotjem

Oct 25, 2003
Glasgow
Charlie is my darling !

Frankly, its been one of those seasons where nothing on the pitch has been that inspiring.

However,

Charlie had a serious injury and came straight back into the first team.
He epitomises the crazy gang spirit of the team.
In this day and age, to tell the Times that you were illiterate takes great courage....the fact that it also got publicity for Falmer was a major bonus.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
1. Butters
2. Carpenter
3. Knight

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here