Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vote for the Player of the Season

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
Votes are wanted now for your player of the season on the BHAFC site just click on the link for details or email them your votes. The player of the season will be announced at the Notts County game. So get voting!!!!!!!

My three are

1. Guy Butters
2. Danny Cullip
3. Daniel Harding

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
1.Butters
2. Knight
3. Carpenter.

IMHO.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Carpenter
Knight
Butters

It's gotta be one of those three.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
ben andrews girlfriend said:
just seen this pic on the seagulls world site, made me chuckle!!!
:lolol: very good

anyway

my vote

1cullip
2knight
3butters

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Harding? He has done well but Player of the Season is not something you give to someone because theyve 'tried their little socks off'. It is for the best palyer over the course of the season.
Butters has done well but for me is still behind Cullip, Carpenter and Knight. I think Butters will get votes because he has drastcically improved so perhaps his performances are more noticable. Most improved player yes, certainly, but not Player of The Season.

My top three:

1.Richie Carpenter - Not had much help in midfield and always looks good and trys hard.
2.Dann Cullip - Great leader and holds the team together from the back.
3.Leon Knight - Cant ignore his goals, we would be mid table without him. If he tried harder in games when things were not going his way hed win by miles.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
not something you give to someone because theyve 'tried their little socks off'

1.Richie Carpenter - Not had much help in midfield and always looks good and trys hard.

bit contradictory there aren't we?

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Butters - A revelation
McPhee - most improved player in years
Carpenter - consistency

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Richie Morris said:
Harding? He has done well but Player of the Season is not something you give to someone because theyve 'tried their little socks off'. It is for the best palyer over the course of the season.
Butters has done well but for me is still behind Cullip, Carpenter and Knight. I think Butters will get votes because he has drastcically improved so perhaps his performances are more noticable. Most improved player yes, certainly, but not Player of The Season.

My top three:

3.Leon Knight - Cant ignore his goals, we would be mid table without him. If he tried harder in games when things were not going his way hed win by miles.

It's not for trying your socks off but you've voted for Chippy as he 'trys hard' Hmmm?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Richie Morris said:
...1.Richie Carpenter - Not had much help in midfield and always looks good and trys hard.

That proof-reading test of yours will be interesting to see. :)

My top three

1 Carpenter
2 Knight
3 Cullip

Just voted:

1. Richard Carpenter - Solid displays all year, goes fairly unpraised, excellent work rate.
2. Guy Butters - Proved us all wrong, dependable, worthy of another year.
3. Leon Knight - cocky diving little sod, but who'd have thought we could replace Bobby with someone who scores as many?

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
For me;

1) Harding - Stepped up from the youth team and blown Mayo away. Mayo is our longest serving player and so this is no easy task.

2) Knight - without his goals we would not be in the play offs. simple as. He misses out of the top spot for me as I don't think he has given his all and has the ability to be even better! I get the impression he is holding back.

3) Iwelumo - Also he's not been with us long, in my opinion he is yet to have a bad game. If had been with us all season then he would probably top the table for me.

-- missing the cut ---

Butters, although solid in defence, for me his lack of distribution limits his contribution to the side. The same goes for Cullip. I love them both but not players of the season for me.

Carpenter, not bad this season and does seem to be getting better and linking up with Iwelumo well now. He even played a through ball against the posh! :eek:

Virgo, Was right up there with Harding. Although he has had previous experience, he started off looking like a new Beckham with his accurate long passing. However, he's had a couple of off days since then.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Leon Knight
Guy Butters
Richard Carpenter

Knight has scored more league goals than any Nationwide player. While his form has dipped recently he has not always received great service. Butters has been very solid at the back despite all his problems from last season. Carpenter is arguably our most consistent player but never seems to get much recognition in end of season awards.

Danny Cullip has not been as good as he was last season. Others like Roberts, Harding and Virgo have not, in my opinion, played enough games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here