virgo ?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

fenech1elphick1

Apr 3, 2008
shoreham
colchester have sent virgo back to celtic and he may be realesed at the end of the season is there any chance of us getting him i for one would love to see him back any one else ?:bowdown:

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
still spends a lot of time down here, saw him last week infact. very unlikely, but not totally improbable.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
great bloke, but if he came back would he settle for being 3rd/4th choice centre back or 3rd/4th choice striker? Doubt it

Are you seriously suggesting there are 3 better centre backs at the club?

fenech1elphick1

Apr 3, 2008
shoreham
hinsh el abd don't think so hinsh needs to prove his fitness till he can play again and el abd is allways prone to an error or four :lolol:

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
hinsh el abd don't think so hinsh needs to prove his fitness till he can play again and el abd is allways prone to an error or four :lolol:

Hinshelwood in his prime and back to his best, he may not ever be like that again but he'd be one hell of a player if he was.

El-Abd's best position is centre-back, not in midfield. We found that out this year with his partnership with Elphick.

Virgo, second choice left-back behind Richards???

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
:thud:

Were you at the Mansfield game at Withdean this year and if you were, are you suffering from memory loss??

Perhaps its your memory that is not so sharp. Lynch played at LEFT BACK against Mansfield. That alone [apart from the fact he was sick] explains why he was gash - he's always gash at left back.

fenech1elphick1

Apr 3, 2008
shoreham
Hinshelwood in his prime and back to his best, he may not ever be like that again but he'd be one hell of a player if he was.

El-Abd's best position is centre-back, not in midfield. We found that out this year with his partnership with Elphick.

Virgo, second choice left-back behind Richards???

1 we do't have richards. and 2 el abd is nowwhere nere the player that elphick or lynch .and 3 virgo won't settle for left back

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Could do a job.
Should be a quality defender in League 1.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
1 we do't have richards. and 2 el abd is nowwhere nere the player that elphick or lynch .and 3 virgo won't settle for left back

Not yet we don't, but it must be 99% sure, otherwise we wouldn't have released three left-backs.

I thought it was decided by the club that Virgo's best position was at left-back, (well that's what my dad told me anyway)

I never stated that El-Abd was better than Lynch or Tommy, just that centre-back is his best position.

fenech1elphick1

Apr 3, 2008
shoreham
Not yet we don't, but it must be 99% sure, otherwise we wouldn't have released three left-backs.

I thought it was decided by the club that Virgo's best position was at left-back, (well that's what my dad told me anyway)

I never stated that El-Abd was better than Lynch or Tommy, just that centre-back is his best position.

virgo is a centre half or striker when needed what ever happens he plays down the centre he might go for someone else at left back even though i would like to see richards back

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
virgo is a centre half or striker when needed what ever happens he plays down the centre he might go for someone else at left back even though i would like to see richards back

I don't actually know what his best position is, just going on what my dad told me a few years ago.

But would you rather have Virgo in the team ahead of Elphick or Lynch at centre-back (or Forster or Murray in a striking situation)

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Yes, Elphick, Lynch at the back would make Virgo 3rd Choice, if Hinshlewood ever got in any danger of being fit for a prolonged period of time, then I think he is the best defender I have seen at the Albion. That would make Virgo 4th choice.

Is the right answer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports