Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Virgil van Dijk - move back on? (Not presently)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Calleri v Van Dijk there's only one way to find out ...

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Currently it's 1666 - 1647 to Van Dijk. I've got a good source that thinks if this thread had gone 2k, we'd have got our man. Calleri needs a lot more work. I'm sure his agent will sling some stuff out in the next few weeks in an attempt to start a bidding war and up his boy's value and potential salary.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Currently it's 1666 - 1647 to Van Dijk. I've got a good source that thinks if this thread had gone 2k, we'd have got our man. Calleri needs a lot more work. I'm sure his agent will sling some stuff out in the next few weeks in an attempt to start a bidding war and up his boy's value and potential salary.

Hardly, he's singing in less than 2 weeks #HTN

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
He didn't really get away though. He went to a club that gave him Champions League football which we could not compete with.

He was on £30K a week at Celtic. Always a non-goer.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Going gor £50,000,000 now. The one that got away.

Football has gotten totally ****ing mad.
Having spent just shy of £50mill on Stones, £30mill on Otemendi and £40mill on Mangala(!!!!!!) they're now being linked with van Dijk for another £50mill.
What is going on?!
(also, how much does that make our three, young CBs worth? Dunk gotta be £20mill)

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Its gone up, but only by TWENTY MILLION QUID!!

Southampton want £70m for Netherlands defender Virgil van Dijk, 25, who is attracting interest from Liverpool and Manchester City. (Sun)

Just saw that Mbappe price is 87 million... for an 18 year old!!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Southampton want £70m for Netherlands defender Virgil van Dijk, 25, who is attracting interest from Liverpool and Manchester City. (Sun)

#HoldYourNerve #MarqueeSigning #OrIsItSinging

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick

OFFICIAL:

The world has truly and utterly gone mad.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Football has gotten totally ****ing mad.
Having spent just shy of £50mill on Stones, £30mill on Otemendi and £40mill on Mangala(!!!!!!) they're now being linked with van Dijk for another £50mill.
What is going on?!
(also, how much does that make our three, young CBs worth? Dunk gotta be £20mill)

But he is a bl**dy good player. I have read several things lately in the local press that Saints don't need to sell him, so it will take silly money even to get them to think about it.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
But he is a bl**dy good player. I have read several things lately in the local press that Saints don't need to sell him, so it will take silly money even to get them to think about it.

He's leaving Stains this summer. CL football awaits elsewhere, he's too good for them.

They or the stirring media can say £70m all they like, in the same way Evertonians rattle on about £100m and not a penny less for Lukaku. In reality, a compromise is reached.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
He's leaving Stains this summer. CL football awaits elsewhere, he's too good for them.

They or the stirring media can say £70m all they like, in the same way Evertonians rattle on about £100m and not a penny less for Lukaku. In reality, a compromise is reached.

But then remember how we played it with Dale Stephens......

And I haven't seen any hint of van Dijk angling for a move. In fact I've seen him quoted as saying he is looking forward to the leadership opportunity.

Time will tell.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here