Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Virgil van Dijk - move back on? (Not presently)

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Re: Virgil van Dijk - move back on?

Will Spanish Dijk ever join us?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Who hasn't his agent linked him with, other than Palace, obviously.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Seen him play twice this season against Milan and Ajax. The guy is quality.
Such a reader of the game and very comfortable on the ball. I can see Celtic having to sell him next season, bigger clubs will want him. Could easily see him being sold on for around £10 million due to his age, ability and potential.
Gutted we missed out on him.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Seen him play twice this season against Milan and Ajax. The guy is quality.
Such a reader of the game and very comfortable on the ball. I can see Celtic having to sell him next season, bigger clubs will want him. Could easily see him being sold on for around £10 million due to his age, ability and potential.
Gutted we missed out on him.

I think if we had gone up, he may had joined us.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
The SPL really isn't up to his standard, judging by this goal.

[video]http://fat.gfycat.com/NauticalImpressiveBeauceron.we bm[/video]

Don't think that's Championship standard either.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If we could get a quality central defender with pace it could be as good for the team as having Ulloa as a striker...IMO. Shame we couldn't land Virgil. Impressive though Upson and Greer have been, a pacey CB would be a massive plus.

Dec 29, 2011
2.5M would have seemed like a solid investment from Bloom. A bit of a gamble but a high chance he'd have made a healthy return. I suspect only FFP stopped us buying him, looks like he could go for £8-10m in a few seasons time.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
If we could get a quality central defender with pace it could be as good for the team as having Ulloa as a striker...IMO. Shame we couldn't land Virgil. Impressive though Upson and Greer have been, a pacey CB would be a massive plus.

You're right, but we'll only need someone like this if we get promoted. Upson has been top quality and will remain as such for another season or two. Bruno is a wild card who I'd like to persevere with. Ward has been as solid as they come. Calderon is adorable, and brilliant Championship quality back-up, but is way too slow for anything beyond that. Greer is a great Championship central defender, and Adam El-Abd (Me-ne-me-ner; you'll get that if you sit up in WSU) is brilliant back-up at this level. If promoted, we'll seriously need to work on our defence, but it's great for the Championship.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here