Jan 15, 2008
20200629_172031.png

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
20200629_172118.jpg

More playing with image resizing.

Here's the back of the book :lol:

I started cataloguing like this from a teen when I began collecting. It's gone by the wayside in recent years. I've never ordered my collection alphabetically or by year or anything. And the cd collection has never been catalogued at all.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
A friend of mine orders his by the release date. Mine are by alphabetical order, in the main but I have a few listed by genre eg Motown and Disco/Dance records. I’ve also got them separated into two main areas, those that I play most, cleaned, those that are played least and mostly need cleaning.

View attachment 125494

What turntable is that? It looks vintage.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Refurbished LInn Sondek LP12 from 1979.

Wow! very nice. When I was looking to replace my Project turntable I was deciding between a Linn Majiik LP12 and the Rega Planar 8 with the Apheta 2 cartridge. I auditioned both and decided on the Rega.

The sound was fantastic on both but aesthetically where I was placing it, the Rega was a better fit. I hope it lasts as long as the your Linn.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
An old friend of mine ( BHA supporter also) got his rega in 1988, I got mine in '93, he got a Linn and didn't like it as much, kept the rega and sold the linn on. Nothing in the slightest bit wrong, just personal taste.

I'm currently testing out a pair of Tannoy monitor gold speakers . . . . Incredible things, but lacking a bit on the bass. The cyrus amp has to tone controls . . . .decisions decisions.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
An old friend of mine ( BHA supporter also) got his rega in 1988, I got mine in '93, he got a Linn and didn't like it as much, kept the rega and sold the linn on. Nothing in the slightest bit wrong, just personal taste.

I'm currently testing out a pair of Tannoy monitor gold speakers . . . . Incredible things, but lacking a bit on the bass. The cyrus amp has to tone controls . . . .decisions decisions.

Don't rush it, It took me months to decide and this is what I eventually when with. If The shops allows you to demo the speakers in your house before you buy them that is a big bonus. I tried a pair that sounded amazing in the demo room but over powered the my room when I got them home. I think speakers are the hardest thing to buy because they can be affected so much buy placement, the main thing is that they sound good to you and your preferences.

I have connected the Rega Turntable to a Rega MC phono stage then to Rega Elicit-R and have B&W 705 S2 Speakers.

Our table is not a HiFi table, so in order to put the phono pre Amp and the turntable power supply, my husband put some L brackets underneath it and use an Asda chopping board as a shelf. I can never see me changing anything now unless something breaks.

IMG_2240 (1).jpg

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
View attachment 125500

More playing with image resizing.

Here's the back of the book :lol:

I started cataloguing like this from a teen when I began collecting. It's gone by the wayside in recent years. I've never ordered my collection alphabetically or by year or anything. And the cd collection has never been catalogued at all.

Discogs pre internet, Retro. Its the new analogue analog. Love it.

https://www.discogs.com

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Wow! very nice. When I was looking to replace my Project turntable I was deciding between a Linn Majiik LP12 and the Rega Planar 8 with the Apheta 2 cartridge. I auditioned both and decided on the Rega.

The sound was fantastic on both but aesthetically where I was placing it, the Rega was a better fit. I hope it lasts as long as the your Linn.

Very nice I’ve not heard a decent Rega. I bought the Linn through Monkey Music in Baker Street about 7 years ago. It was a bit of a bargain at £500. I wanted to go vintage. At the time I too had a Project turntable which was very good and a good start to serious record players. The Linn did need a lot of setting up and placing properly, I’ve learnt by trail and error. Trouble is you can keep being tempted to update them and being prone to gadgets its very tempting. Mine only plays 33rpm, and I would like to update to the Lingo but that is best part of £1500.
It’s all a bit addictive, but great fun. Best bit of kit I’ve bought to improve the sound of my (and the wife’s records) is a Project record cleaner. You can special order through Richer Sounds.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Very nice I’ve not heard a decent Rega. I bought the Linn through Monkey Music in Baker Street about 7 years ago. It was a bit of a bargain at £500. I wanted to go vintage. At the time I too had a Project turntable which was very good and a good start to serious record players. The Linn did need a lot of setting up and placing properly, I’ve learnt by trail and error. Trouble is you can keep being tempted to update them and being prone to gadgets its very tempting. Mine only plays 33rpm, and I would like to update to the Lingo but that is best part of £1500.
It’s all a bit addictive, but great fun. Best bit of kit I’ve bought to improve the sound of my (and the wife’s records) is a Project record cleaner. You can special order through Richer Sounds.

The project record cleaner is very good my husband bought me one (VC-E small one) for Christmas. It's the only way he could buy me a vacuum cleaner for Christmas and me not filing for a divorce :lolol:
It's really easy to use, I use it for new and second hand records.It made a massive much difference to the level of surface noise.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
The project record cleaner is very good my husband bought me one (VC-E small one) for Christmas. It's the only way he could buy me a vacuum cleaner for Christmas and me not filing for a divorce :lolol:
It's really easy to use, I use it for new and second hand records.It made a massive much difference to the level of surface noise.
:) Its made some records from the sixties and seventies that were unplayable a joy again. Although one of my wife’s Rolling Stones record, a first edition mono version of Aftermath is beyond help!

Mannakin

Jun 24, 2013
Hove (actually!)
Actually, while we're all here, I could do with a recommendation for my next vinyl player. Budget is probably £250-600 at a push.

Rega Planar 3 + any decent MM cartridge (not Ortofon 2M with the Rega - you have to use a spacer, see the Ortofon website)

I use the RP3 with Goldring Elite (MC) but I have a valve MC pre-amp/valve amplifer - hard to beat imho

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Rega Planar 3 + any decent MM cartridge (not Ortofon 2M with the Rega - you have to use a spacer, see the Ortofon website)

I use the RP3 with Goldring Elite (MC) but I have a valve MC pre-amp/valve amplifer - hard to beat imho

Thank you. Will look into.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
P3 is the deck to beat for that budget.

I've had cyrus 2/PSX for years, also Arcam Apha 8 and P75 power amp, with AE109 floorstanders or B&W 601S3

Currently eying up PMC twenty2-22's But 'found' some tannoy monitor golds in my step fathers loft . . . . Am now back into the valve amp idea . . . .

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Don't rush it, It took me months to decide and this is what I eventually when with. If The shops allows you to demo the speakers in your house before you buy them that is a big bonus. I tried a pair that sounded amazing in the demo room but over powered the my room when I got them home. I think speakers are the hardest thing to buy because they can be affected so much buy placement, the main thing is that they sound good to you and your preferences.

I have connected the Rega Turntable to a Rega MC phono stage then to Rega Elicit-R and have B&W 705 S2 Speakers.

Our table is not a HiFi table, so in order to put the phono pre Amp and the turntable power supply, my husband put some L brackets underneath it and use an Asda chopping board as a shelf. I can never see me changing anything now unless something breaks.

View attachment 125529

Bit of sun through the window and you could use that LP for a fruit bowl.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here