Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Villa away travel

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
There is a fan zone at the back of the ground if you fancy it. Did it last year and it was ok. Somewhere to get some beer and something to eat
Planning on setting off very early tomorrow to avoid any potential traffic chaos, so could arrive with a couple of hours to spare and bugger all to do in the local area with pubs still closed. Seems like this might be our only option.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Witton Arms is open I believe. Cash to get in and cash only bar but it's away only out the back. Last season they had a B'B'Q going.
The most “spit and sawdust” pub I’ve ever been in. Infact spit and sawdust would have been an improvement on what it was like.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Witton Arms is open I believe. Cash to get in and cash only bar but it's away only out the back. Last season they had a B'B'Q going.
That pub is such a shithole! Funny how they split it with home at the front and away at the back though. Am going to try somewhere other than that this year.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Will it open before 12.00, though? I can't find anything to suggest it will be. However, it has apparently just had a "major upgrade", and is now an away fan only pub, so might be DELIGHTFUL! :lolol:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Just a quick heads-up for anybody that finds themselves snookered by the train strikes or otherwise can't make the Villa game: it's being shown live on BT/TNT Sports

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Witten Arms alternative. Think it was the promotion year when the Arms was shut so we congregated in the Tesco car park drinking cans.
But now the hammer has struck and it will be a very early arrival. Surely they'll open though.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
4 of us have a driveway parking space 12 minutes walk north of stadium, and we have four camping chairs, a table, and a huge bag of cold beers and snack food, to sit out and picnic between 10.15 and 11.45 in our parking space! Marvellous.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Yeah, we did that for last game of last season. Booked as soon as tickets were available. Got a text from the homeowner on the morning of the game, cancelling the booking as he "had family coming over". Booked a second one straight away and got a phone call from that guy when we were 30 mins away saying that his car was broken and he couldn't move it to free up the space. Booked a third one but ended up parking for free on an industrial estate about 15 mins walk from the ground.
Shocker. I've only ever had one short notice issue with Justpark having used it more than a dozen times. Hope tomorrow doesn't break the trend.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Given up on this one. Full refund with no admin fee from Trainline, thankfully, but as a non-driver with a 16 year old in tow we'll be watching this at home now. Thanks ASLEF.

PunkAlbion

Sep 29, 2023
A bit last minute, but does anyone driving up tomorrow from Brighton and Hove have any space in their car? Will pay petrol money of course!

Tfitz12

Jan 2, 2023
Witten Arms alternative. Think it was the promotion year when the Arms was shut so we congregated in the Tesco car park drinking cans.
But now the hammer has struck and it will be a very early arrival. Surely they'll open though.

We also did that two years ago when the Witton was shut

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Will it open before 12.00, though? I can't find anything to suggest it will be. However, it has apparently just had a "major upgrade", and is now an away fan only pub, so might be DELIGHTFUL! :lolol:
Phlegm.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Just noticed the "Make sure you take your ID or else" mail from the Sharpie Nazi's. I don't think it lands every away game so expecting a few checks tomorrow on top of a rail strike. Lovely.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Just noticed the "Make sure you take your ID or else" mail from the Sharpie Nazi's. I don't think it lands every away game so expecting a few checks tomorrow on top of a rail strike. Lovely.
I was just going to post this as haven’t done an away game yet this season - is it not sent each match?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
No trains so we struggle to get to Birmingham one way or another, most getting up at 5:30'ish.
The ground is the pits, upper tier being the worst in the EPL.
But despite all the hurdles thrown in front of us, we still get to the game to see our beloved team.
And then the club, our own club, send us a threatening email with demands to have ID at the ready.
Why do we go through all of this?
Love.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I was just going to post this as haven’t done an away game yet this season - is it not sent each match?

I thought it was a standard email sent every game. I'm pretty sure I've had it for every away since the new policy. Some people will be checked. That's the same always unless it's Palace where everyone's checked, or abroad where you need to give ID to get your ticket.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here